Dell Adamo 13 A13-6349PWH 13.4-Inch Laptop (Pearl White)

Dell Adamo 13 A13-6349PWH 13.4-Inch LaptopExcellent machine, very comparable to the new Macbook Air. Recently decided to run Windows 7 as my primary OS, and this machine doesn't disappoint. Purchased through Dell directly for $824 for the Pearl version with SL9600 (2.13Ghz, 6mb cache) processor and 4GB ram, all other specs same as this one. Currently sells for $899 for the Onyx version, suggest you purchase direct. Negatives are few battery life not as good as the Air, the screen backlighting is obtrusive at times, the speakers and all the ports are on the back (not ideal). Overall though, very responsive and well made ultra light laptop.

I purchased the pearl white Adamo last year for Christmas and loves the color, weight, and style. Games like the Sims played well as long as I didn't add too many extra expansion packs. In August the computer stopped charging. A Dell rep came out and replaced the motherboard and the charging cord. By the end of October it turned on but nothing happened. Again, a new motherboard came this time with a new screen. Dell has agreed to send another computer since the parts did not fix the issue.

It's pretty. It's light...but it doesn't work. $2500 is too much to spend to have this many headaches and a computer that won't run popular games like Civilization 5 and Sims 3 without crashing. To Dell's credit they have been very responsive and professional. I was fooled by the beauty.

Buy Dell Adamo 13 A13-6349PWH 13.4-Inch Laptop (Pearl White) Now

I just received this laptop yesterday and at first look I was impressed with the overall look and build quality.

The second I powered it up for the first time, the fan went nuts! It was spinning at full RPM speed which isn't normal on a cold start. I thought this would soon go away but after 30 minutes of web browsing and the laptop at a great temperature the fan did not slow down one bit. Fans are normally supposed to adjust the speed to compensate for the computers temperature but this laptop failed to do so and it got really annoying hearing a turbine sound constantly. I called Dell, the representative tried his best to help and after 30 minutes of troubleshooting trying to resolve this problem (flashing a new bios), he decided it was a better idea to just receive a replacement unit. I'm thinking alright, no problem as long as it doesn't have the same issue or any other kind of issue. Takes 15 days to get my new Adamo. After the call with dell I lightly used the laptop for about an hour and realized that the bottom potion of the laptop that is attached to the keyboard unit was popping out. Another annoying problem that not only I, but other Adamo users that reviewed this laptop have. If it wasn't for the fan issue or laptop falling apart this would definitely be a great laptop. It's fast and pretty but it lacks what should be standard on every luxury product, quality. I've purchased hundreds of products over many years and have never needed to make a single return on anything, until now. I guess I had just gotten lucky having a reputation of purchasing Zero defective products and never needing to make a return. I have nothing against Dell, still have full confidence in their products. Don't be afraid to purchase this product, Dell has great customer service and won't shy away from leaving you satisfied.Coming from having a macbook pro to this, I must admit, apple's build quality is superb and never disappoints. But everything comes at a cost.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Adamo 13 A13-6349PWH 13.4-Inch Laptop (Pearl White) Here

Super solid build, quiet and flawless with SSD, just wonderful unit. Superb design a Mac Air equivalent for PC but better in many ways. A few negatives the keyboard letters can be hard to see and prefer the chiclet type board. Overall excellent though perhaps a bit expensive for some but IMHO worth the little bit extra for real quality. Reminds me of my Volvo rock solid and satisfying to own.

Want Dell Adamo 13 A13-6349PWH 13.4-Inch Laptop (Pearl White) Discount?

This notebook has surpassed all of my expectations. It is thin, lightweight and beautiful. I don't use it for anything too intense, mostly just office productivity and browsing. The battery is good for about 3.5 hours and the screen is bright and crisp. Highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment