Toshiba Satellite C875-S7340 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax)

Toshiba Satellite C875-S7340 17.3-Inch LaptopThis laptop offers a well-balanced set of features for its intended purpose: not an ultralight machine for entertainment but something closer to a desktop PC for serious work. The display is attractive, the speed is good thanks to the Intel i3 processor, memory and storage capacity are adequate. In my case, it was an excellent value for the money since I bought a practically similar machine for $399.

I had some reservations about a machine running windows 8. After a few days of use I am reassured that it was a good choice. I started out in the tiled mode but soon discovered the Desktop mode. This is how I will use it, with few exceptions. I like to have the option of the two modes:

The windows8 mode (tiles) is perfect for playing around or for those who are best at clicking or touching after being spoiled by tablets. I think I understand the reason for Microsoft giving this mode preference: money. What used to be 'programs' are now 'apps', with the difference that they now ask one to 'accept' something or enter data to milk our personal information, and try to suck us into some 'store' to buy... more 'apps'. I have immediately removed from the start menu the tiles of the most stupid 'apps', and will only use this mode when I allow myself to be childish.

The 'Desktop' mode is the real one for productive work. I promptly installed the program "Start8" that makes the PC boot into this desktop mode and restores the Start button to its function in windows 7. After trying it out I'll spend the $4.99 to permanently use Start8.

I like my new Toshiba Satellite C875 computer easy set-up took some adjusting to Windows 8 (not the computer's fault). Works fine does everything I would want it to. Great viewing with the big screen.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C875-S7340 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax) Now

This computer has an awesome CD/DVD burner! We run a DJ/KJ show and the burner is super important for creating and backing up music as well as playing customer CD+G or MP+G discs. Great big hard drive to store digital music.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C875-S7340 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax) Here

It's not a bad computer but the keys feel cheap and the touchpad isn't smooth. It came with Windows 8 which was a pain to get setup since no documentation came with the computer. Since it doesn't have a touchscreen I would have rather had Windows 7 installed.

Want Toshiba Satellite C875-S7340 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax) Discount?

Toshiba Satellite C875-S7340 17 inch Laptop went still wrapped in the Amazon packing box to Best Buy Geek Squad for set up (I have a 3 computer set up and repair contract with Geek Squad). Here is the Geek Squad report: "Unit was purchased from Amazon and is missing many software that comes from manufacturer. Also had diagnostics software that started at boot that put unit to sleep every 30 sec. Recommend returning to Amazon for refund or exchange."

I sure think Toshiba should send me a new laptop for saving them the trouble this model will bring to them if they don't take it off the market ASAP. It went on sale at Amazon on 11/12/12. I bought it the day prior and so was one of the first buying it at Amazon. I am not fond of buying junk that needs to be returned especially $599.00 junk. Gee Wiz how much does the Toshiba CEO make in an hour. Please multiply that by about 6 hours of my time and send me the money whoever you are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment