HP Folio 13-1051nr, the Hunger Games Special Edition

HP Folio 13-1051nr, the Hunger Games Special EditionI purchased this machine and have been using it for a few days. The laptop is extremely thin and looks very sharp. I've used it in a few public settings and get a lot of compliments and small talk about it from random people that want to hold and feel it. I believe the design is better than macbook and very solid with no creeks as I hold it or move the screen. The screen has great viewing angles from above and from the sides, has very rich color, and can be turned up very bright. I have no dead pixels and the screen backlight is very uniform and the resolution is great.The keys are slightly on the stiff side, with expected limited travel, but not a deal breaker and still great to type on. The trackpad is nice and large, supports multi-touch and is very nice no complaints.

The hard drive is on the small side, but upgradeable. I wish HP had included a 256 gig one instead of the 128 gig one. I have already upgraded the drive to the MyDigitalSSD 256GB SMART SATA III SandForce mSATA Solid State Drive which is extremely fast and I highly recommend it. It took about 10 minutes for me to removed the old SSD and install the new one.

Ram is the only area that regret about the laptop. 4GB of RAM is ok, but not ideal, especially in a few years. I think I'll be able to get by and I haven't run short on memory yet. The battery life runs between 6 and 7 hours of battery life on a full charge with light web usage. I would prefer a little more, but this seems acceptable. The Wireless signal is strong and smooth. It seems to perform well and has as much if not more signal strength than any other laptop I've used.

This thing is blazing fast for an ultra book. My desktop is a second gernation i5 at 3.00GHZ and this machine is as fast as or faster than it! It can do a cold boot in about 10 seconds and wakes up from sleep in about 1 to 2 seconds. Graphic performance is very good too, for an ultrabook. No issues playing HD videos. I even loaded Diablo III and it runs very smooth with all high settings and a resolution of 1600 x 900. That's the only game I've tried so far.

Just what i was looking for: fast boot, nice battery life, decent screen, good trackpad, decent *backlit* keyboard, slim, light, good wifi .... All that remains is how long it will last. I am happy. I only purchased the Hunger Games edition cuz it was cheaper than the non-branded one at the time..

Buy HP Folio 13-1051nr, the Hunger Games Special Edition Now

This item was not a hunger games special edition, but the standard edition. Be warned about items "fulfilled by Amazon." Customer service is terrible because Amazon provides the customer service, but doesn't own the shelves so the best they can do is offer you a refund. The refuse to acknowledge that this is basically a bait and switch, and send you the correct product. Furthermore, they refuse to change the language on their product listing to reflect the actual product. I would give zero stars if i could for not-as-advertised and really painful customer service.

That said, this laptop is great, good enough despite all this to garner two stars. Just look to purchase it from elsewhere!

Read Best Reviews of HP Folio 13-1051nr, the Hunger Games Special Edition Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment