ASUS A53U-EH11 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Mocha)

ASUS A53U-EH11 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment LaptopI bought this laptop to replace my old Dell and I love it! It boots in around 20-30 seconds and is really fast in High Performance mode. It can even run Starcraft 2 with no problems. For the people that say it's slow, have you looked to see what mode it's in? It has 4 operating modes. High Performance, Entertainment, Quiet Office, and Battery Saver mode. It comes with Battery Saver mode on default so make sure to change it. If your looking for a really good laptop for a fair price then this is the one to get.

This review is not going to be extremely in-depth, because I bought this computer for my dad for Christmas and only used it for about 2 days to get everything set up on it. Side note: My personal computers are Macs, but I am not extremely biased on operating systems, and I think Windows did a good job with 7. That being said, here is my initial impression on the computer.

The shipment of the laptop was quick and free (thanks Amazon Prime)! Packaging was minimum, but definitely secured and padded the laptop, which is a bonus in my eyes.

Upon opening the packaging, the computer looked sleek. It seemed like it was made not as study as a MacBook Pro (my Mac side showing), but it also wasn't cheaply made. It's made with plastic, which allows for it to be lighter and hopefully more durable.

Windows 7 Home Premium came with it, which is a nice upgrade from the basic, but it came loaded with all the Asus add-ons and slowed down the performance greatly. On start-up, the computer was using about ~65-70% of the memory performance. There was A LOT of programs running that was bogging down the performance. The very first thing I did was install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home Premium and wiped the hard drive of all the nasty programs. The Windows 7 disc didn't come with the computer, so it may help to have a friend that has a physical disc and you can just load your OEM Windows key that came with the computer (on the box).

Once a fresh Windows 7 was installed, the computer ran like a dream. It is mainly being used for web surfing and light office work. I haven't received a call with any problems with it, so it's holding up!

If you are looking for a high-performing laptop for gaming or other CPU-intensive tasks, this obviously isn't the best choice computer for you. But for daily web browsing, word processing and less demanding CPU/GPU tasks, I recommend this laptop!

I highly recommend installing a fresh Windows 7 as soon as you pull it out of the box, and of course use protection! Windows has free software that works great for personal computers. You can't go wrong.

Buy ASUS A53U-EH11 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Mocha) Now

We purchased this to replace a Gateway laptop and I have to say so far this ASUS is an excellent little computer! Very easy to get this up and running and it loads pages quickly. The warranty that comes with the laptop is one of the best that I've seen. For the money you can't go wrong with this!

Read Best Reviews of ASUS A53U-EH11 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Mocha) Here

I bought this (ASUS A53U-EH11) laptop from Amazon.com because I needed another laptop to carry with me when I went on a trip.

My other ASUS has been a very good product and is still in very good condition, but it has programs that I would not need on vacation, also it has plugins that makes it harded to make portable.

I am very satisfied with this product, and I got it at a very low price.

Thank you Amazon, Pops

Want ASUS A53U-EH11 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Mocha) Discount?

bought 2 of these last week. First thing i noticed when box was opened was the shiny mocha color which was very attractive. booted up and graphics was great. Performance after installing some programs was very fast. One problem was that the speakers were very soft for altec lansing. Tried everything to get them to boosts even went into the bios but it was locked on setting "4". So headphones or external speakers required for good listening. Pc is very good for the price and gonna purchase another one soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment