Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 18.4" Notebook (2.2GHz Core 2 Duo T6600 6GB RAM 500GB HDD Blu-ray Read

Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 18.4' NotebookI wanted a large screen laptop that I could use around the house. This computer satisfied my requirement. The screen is very large and sharp. My best photos come up large and crisp. Beautiful colors. The speakers are wonderful and were an unexpected surprise. It is like wearing a good set of earphones. The computer is silent. I do not hear the fans or drive. It is very fast.

I did not like the style in the store (Best Buy) since it is shiny black and I prefer a flat finish. But once I got it home I realized it is very smart, modernistic. My wife who is picky on such matters remarked that it is beautiful. The keys are flat like minature tiles but this is ok with me and I would prefer if the function keys were set somewhat lower. It smudges but you only see this in direct light and it wipes off anyway.

I would not buy this computer for travelling due to its size. But as a home laptop it is great. I am very happy with my choice.

This PC it's powerful, beautiful, excellent quality, stunning graphics, top of the line.

I can't give 5 stars because my screen came with a "burned pixel". It's a tiny very bright red point on the monitor. If you have a black or dark background it's very evident. If you have a light background it's very hard to notice. I called Toshiba Services and I can change the monitor using the guaranty if I have 8 "burned pixels" all over it or if I have 3 or more in one sector. It is not a big issue, but I will buy the extended guaranty just in case. Despite this, I love the machine.

Buy Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 18.4" Notebook (2.2GHz Core 2 Duo T6600 6GB RAM 500GB HDD Blu-ray Read Now

I purchased a Toshiba P505 laptop 2 years ago. Within months we were having problems: the computer would not start, or if it did start, it would shut down unexpectedly. Toshiba's help desk was unhelpful: they wanted it mailed in for examination (even though we had purchased an in-home service contract), but since we were using this machine for daily business, we could not give it up for the 2 months they wanted. By the time we had fussed with it enough, the warranty had run out. So we put it on the shelf and bought another laptop (HP, not Toshiba). Recently I decided to take the time to take it to a real computer repair shop. They found that it had been defective from the beginning: the motherboard could not hold on tightly to the memory cards, which would slip out at the slightest movement of the laptop. They could replace the motherboard, for roughly 1/2 the original cost of the computer, but recommended against it because the replacement motherboard would be original equipment, and the original equipment obviously had a design flaw so the problem was bound to happen again. If Toshiba is selling products with design flaws that they do not bother to correct, the lesson is obvious: don't buy Toshiba products.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 18.4" Notebook (2.2GHz Core 2 Duo T6600 6GB RAM 500GB HDD Blu-ray Read Here

This is just an absolute powerhouse, monster of a notebook which is definitely the definition of DESKTOP-replacement!! I have bought a few of these allready for both me and my relatives and everyone's been nothing but absolutely amazed at these great notebooks. I got mine for really low prices because they were refurbished. You have to make sure you get some kind of warranty Toshiba provides it on refurbished models as well (3 months or so) also make sure to check the condition of the notebook. Some people will list refurbished when its really refurbished and then used. Make sure its in "back to new" condition. Ask the seller if its not listed. That's my few cents on these.

The 2.2Ghz processor with 6GB of RAM and a half a Tera Byte (500GB) Hard Drive along with a bundled Blue-Ray????!!!! For $700 or so??? Common, it doesn't get better than that. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Cheers!

ES

Want Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 18.4" Notebook (2.2GHz Core 2 Duo T6600 6GB RAM 500GB HDD Blu-ray Read Discount?

Like most reviewers the machine is impressive at first. Bright clear picture, lots of ram and functions. Then you start using them. Problems with the bluray. Had to down load (and pay for) a new program from corel. Problems with sound. Had to download (multiple times) and reload drivers. Problems with the label flash software. The list goes on and on. Then the last straw. Hard drive failure. But the thing that really has sealed this laptop's fate and added insult to injury for me has been the manufaturers response. After contacting tech support multiple times in 10 months and recieving the same level of service everytime, I'm done with Toshiba...for EVER! Rude, condescending and indifferent can describe it best. Ever wonder why there are so many "refurbished" units of this model available on line? That should speak volumes to you...just listen! Save yourself a ton of aggrevation!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment