Dell XPS M1330 Laptop - (Crimson Red)

Dell XPS M1330 Laptop -I ordered a Dell Inspiron laptop 1 1/2 years ago and it worked great until recently. The screen went black and the system would not start. Turned out that the video card had failed.

I contacted Dell customer support to activate my next business day warranty and after more than a week I have gotten nowhere with them. My claim has been "escalated" twice with the same excuses and refusal to fix the problem. They claim they have no video cards in stock and I will have to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement card, 2-3 weeks for a loaner system, or 2-3 weeks for a replacement system -basically my NEXT DAY warranty is anything but.

I explained that this is a mission critical system and a 2-3 week delay is unacceptable given the high price I paid for the next day warranty. I offered to take another make or model of graphics card and even offered to go buy the card myself if the agreed to pay for it.

They refused to help in any way. So, I am left with a useless laptop for 2-3 weeks until it becomes convenient for them to honor the warranty. I will never buy another Dell product again and recommend that others who are not technically experienced with fixing computers or that need a "mission critical" system that they look elsewhere because Dell cannot be relied upon to fix broken systems in a timely manner.

I paid 2000 dollars when I custom built one of these systems from Dell's online store. At first the system running Vista home premium was great, fast and ran all the programs and games I could ever want. After about 3 months the wireless card began failing, dropping connections and then died altogether. So I purchased a D-link wireless adapter and my wireless was faster then it had ever been with the crappy Dell wireless mini card. At this time I really began to also notice the system starting to degrade in performance big time. I was running 64bit Vista and the 6gb ram wasn't even noticeable as it increased nothing and was a waste of money to add to this system. The XPS was now performing slower than my year old Gateway T series, and the XPS had dual core processor, 6gb ram, Nvidia video card, etc The boot up times got a lot longer too and it seems with the XPS that by just installing programs (even small ones) or games that the system got progressively slower even though it was built and paid for to handle it. The laptop gets extremely hot and unstable when playing games like Oblivion or even watching youtube which Im puzzled with. Also now when playing games and starting up the system crashes several times a week for no reason other than cheap unreliable hardware. Another extremely stupid, annoying feature of any dell notebook I have used (XPS, Inspirion, Latitude) is after ripping approx two cd's worth of music or burning two or three dvd/cd's or changing disc's the dvd rom slot loading drive stops working and goes missing from the my computer screen like you don't even have a dvd rom drive, how stupid is that. This laptop sucks. This will be my last Dell system as their 2000$ XPS or 500$ Inspirion or Latitude all have the same horrid performance and are nothing but the same cheap, unreliable garbage hardware with different housings.

Oh and as the above reviewer said Dell does not stand by their warranty. Here is the Dell Limited Warranty on their products and as you can read it covers basically nothing.

What is not covered by this limited hardware warranty?

This limited hardware warranty does not cover:

Software, including the operating system and software added to the Dell-branded hardware products through our factory-integration system, third-party software, or the reloading of software

Non-Dell branded products and accessories

Problems that result from:

External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power

Servicing not authorized by Dell

Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions

Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance

Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by Dell

Products with missing or altered Service Tags or serial numbers

Products for which Dell has not received payment

Normal wear and tear

F-Dell.

Buy Dell XPS M1330 Laptop - (Crimson Red) Now

The worst laptop I have ever seen in my life time. The main problem is that Video card or graphic card, which is on board, has same big issues and gets overheated amazingly fast once you log on. The heat of video card kick in at 80 C degree. Also, Dell is very reluctant to change video card because the motherboard needs changing with a new one and cost a bundle to DEll.

Never buy a laptop from Dell. Once you have a problem with your laptop, they just ignore you.

Read Best Reviews of Dell XPS M1330 Laptop - (Crimson Red) Here

We have owned an M1330 Dell XPS laptop for about a year and a half now. about 8 months in the motherboard failed. After 4 hours on tech support they agreed to fix it under warranty. Now, 8 months later the same motherboard failure has stricken the computer rendering it inoperable.

When it works, this is a fast, light, portable performer. If you can afford a new motherboard every 8 months, go for it, otherwise I recommend staying as far awas from this dog as you can.

Want Dell XPS M1330 Laptop - (Crimson Red) Discount?

When my last laptop crashed, I wanted a good and reliable one. This is not the one I should have bought. I've had problems with the CD drive from day one: disc doesn't get in position unless I tip laptop on it's side, gets boiling hot after burning a couple of CDs and won't work. Overall, it is a decent laptop, not a top of the line laptop worthy of the $1400 price-tag. For the love of God, don't buy any brand of laptop with "Windows Vista!" I believe I will try a Mac next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment