ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E-ESL8 13.3 in Notebook (Intel Core i5-2467M, 4 GB, 128 GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Pre

ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E-ESL8 13.3 in NotebookAfter much research online (and consulting my bank account), I settled on this laptop. I was looking for an affordable ultrabook, for normal use i.e. check mail, some document work, play music in the background, watch the occasional movie on Netflix. This is perfect!

I also downloaded Windows 8 for $15 using the deal available until Jan 2013, and I'm really enjoying it now. The boot up is literally 3 seconds, and the restart is about 20 seconds (probably less tbh). My only con is I wished it had a back-lit keyboard, but I'm already over that hiccup.

Besides that, everyone is raving about how lovely and thin and light it is. The keys are quite comfortable to press, there is no crazy fan noise, and it doesn't get very hot with moderate use. Please note, this laptop came with with a case that looks nothing like a laptop case so you would appear to be carrying notes in a nice folder rather than a laptop. Battery life is about 4 hours with my normal usage, which is WiFi, Chrome, a couple apps, maybe some music in the background. The sound is excellent. Overall: very pleased.

This laptop is the best ultrabook HANDS DOWN. I am a PC Technician and this laptop just blows its competition out of the water for this price. Many people complained about the touchpad on this laptop, but mine worked PERFECT. The size and instant turn on from standby(when you open the lid), is insanely fast. With Restart Timer, it ran a 32 second boot up. AMAZING fast! Get this laptop!

EDIT* The Price of the laptop was $760 when I bought it, now it is $950+. I recommend a 3rd Generation Intel i5/i7(this laptop is a 2nd generation) if you are going to pay this much money for an ultrabook. Also check out Staples/Office Depot pricing, they have incredible sales, sometimes Costco too. The laptop is still great! Only thing is the keys, for people who type fast this keyboard isn't very good because the keys are so slim, and it doesn't pick up your keystrokes very easy. Cheers!

Buy ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E-ESL8 13.3 in Notebook (Intel Core i5-2467M, 4 GB, 128 GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Pre Now

Pros:

Fast

Looks great

Good battery life

Seems well made

Great sound system for such a compact computer

Haven't noticed any fan noise

Never gets very hot

Not too much bloatware

BUT...

Cons:

Keyboard is the worst I've ever experienced. About 5% of my keystrokes do not register. If you are a fast typer and used to just touching the keys, I think you would be very frustrated with this keyboard. If you look at reviews of other model zenbooks, you'll see this is a common complaint.

The track pad is pretty bad too.

I definitely would not buy this computer again because of the keyboard issue, but it wasn't so bad that I returned it.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E-ESL8 13.3 in Notebook (Intel Core i5-2467M, 4 GB, 128 GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Pre Here

There's a lot to like about this ultrabook. It's light, has good battery life, and the screen is bright and clear. Two minor nits: I'm not a fan of the chiclet keys but I see why they are used in this configuration, and the embedded L/R click buttons are not what I would have designed in. Why can't they be just slightly raised? The ASUS-ware is moderately annoying but I'm sure can be cleared out; the Bluetooth works well.

Want ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E-ESL8 13.3 in Notebook (Intel Core i5-2467M, 4 GB, 128 GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Pre Discount?

I really love everything about this machine except the keyboard. Maybe I will get used to it, but when I type I find that if you don't press the keys hard eough (enough) it just happened, then you always have to go back and correct what you are typing. It happens a lot with the N key. It is the only thing that annoys me about this machine. Everything else is awesome. The look, the speed, the presentation, the light weight, the 1600x900 resolution etc. So if you are not going to type a lot on it, the machine is great. If you are writing a book.....you may want a better keyboard!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment