Apple MacBook Pro ME662LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION)

Apple MacBook Pro ME662LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina DisplayLuckily I was able to get this model on educational discount with tax exempt, but the price tag is still too high for the performance.

The MD213LL/A model with a 256GB SSD is selling for $1499 now and that's probably the best value for the 13" retina models. The 3210M and 3230M intel processors differ less than 5% in performance. The only trouble with the older model is the screen burn-in issue that may be present in a large batch. On this current model, the burn-in is not noticeable unless you go all white from a high contrast still image, then there is still some minor burn-in. But other than this minor annoyance, the screen looks amazing in terms of details and color saturation.

Intel HD 4000 on a 3230M is a joke for a 2560x1600 screen. It will play movies and do some light design work, but anything a bit advanced causes problems. Even AutoCAD 2D work and Photoshop CS6 presented display problems in multiple instances for me. This should really be a Macbook Retina, not Pro at all.

A few years back, Intel barred Nvidia from making Northbridge chips for Intel which included an embded NVidia graphics chip, so now Apple has to put 3 large chips in a Macbook Pro for it to have discrete graphics. This is very sad. The Intel HD 4000's performance on a 3230M chip is at best on par with a NVidia 320M. I would have been VERY happy if the 13" model had even a 630M graphics chip, not to mention one of the new mid-range 700M series. It would have made this little laptop almost PERFECT! The price tag then wouldn't be so unjustified neither.

I use many Windows applications, Bootcamp with centralized drivers allowed me to install Win 7 on it hassle free and runs as it should.

It really depends on what you use this laptop for. For everyday internet browsing, documents and typical use, this laptop will run very nice for you. For design work, heavy processor usage or ANY graphics intensive applications, this laptop is a major disaster. For gaming, steer away completely.

UPDATE: The newer batch of the 2103 MacBook Pro 13" Retina does not seem to suffer from image burn-in at all. A burn-in test revealed no ghosting at all (as of April 30th). Apple seems to have silently resolved the issue in production.

The retina display is amazing as far as doing everyday tasks with so much detail to each application. I started out with the 15inch cMBP w/ i7 Core and 8GB RAM and 750 GB HDD with nVidia discrete graphics card. I took it back the week after because 1. 15inch is getting less exposure for day-to-day tasks such as: browsing, editing, and recording. 2. The larger screen with all the bells did not look as well as the retina 3. Retina is getting to be where the future is. I thought I needed the 15 or 13 with optical drive now that I have used my 13 I realize I do not use it as much as I thought I would. I love this Notebook it is so portable yet very powerful and can handle multiple tasks that are more typical of your average laptop user.

Buy Apple MacBook Pro ME662LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION) Now

What a beautiful, beautifully made machine. The display is stunning. It is lightning fast. The operating system is a dream. I love working on it more than any other computer I currently own or have owned in the past. It is also lightweight and elegant looking. As far as I'm concerned, this is the ultimate laptop.

Read Best Reviews of Apple MacBook Pro ME662LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION) Here

I was shopping around for a birthday present for myself and I looked at the videos about the Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I was fascinated by the amount of hype and I asked myself, "Could this computer be that good?" Well, there was only one way to find out and I went for the 256GB model.

Well boy, am I impressed!! I wouldn't say much more. You have to see it to believe it. My Dell XPS L501x is furiously jealous now, naturally feeling 'left out'. But you can't fault me, not if you own an Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Want Apple MacBook Pro ME662LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION) Discount?

Coming from a late 2010 Macbook air, and not liking the direction Windows 8 had taken, I decided upon the retina pro. It's not much bigger than the air, it's very fast, and I enjoy the additional ports that it affords me. The battery life is what I expected and is pretty much as advertised (for web browsing anyway). The machine is pretty light and portable. I'd buy it again.

Save 6% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment