HP TX2Z TouchSmart 12.1-Inch Laptop

HP TX2Z TouchSmart 12.1-Inch LaptopSpent $360.00 for extended warranty "care pack" with HP. One and a half hours on hold failed to get a

representative that could provide directions. Could not stay on hold longer and notebook rendered

useless due to inability to access repair with warranty. Have to designate this product and company

as a "do not buy". Will never, ever buy HP again myself.

I purchased my TX2Z in March of 2009. It ran a bit slow due to bloatware and Vista but I was able to clean it up to make it at least as fast as my old Windows XP laptop. It also ran loud due to constant blowing by the CPU fan.

In February 2011, the computer failed, showing only a black screen with blinking lights on the keyboards. After several frustrating hours with the incompetent HP tech service, I paid $300 to have the out-of-warranty laptop sent in for a new motherboard.

Now, in February 2012, the computer's motherboard has again failed in the same manner, and HP wants another $300 to fix again. No thank you, HP. You can read around the internet about widespread overheating problems with this and similar models, and HP's poor service.

My first and last HP product.

Buy HP TX2Z TouchSmart 12.1-Inch Laptop Now

I have had a HP tx2z touchsmart laptop for about a year now, I also bought the 2-year accidental protection plan (about a third of the laptop in cost). When I first bought it I had one issue with the touch screen that took about 3 weeks to get fixed and two hour long calls to HP. About a month ago I started having bad heat issues and my video card started going bad. I have spent 6 calls, 1+ hour each, on the phone with HP. One month later and I still don't even have a box to send my HP laptop in for repair. BEWARE OF HP.

Read Best Reviews of HP TX2Z TouchSmart 12.1-Inch Laptop Here

I'll keep this short and sweet. **Do your homework before ordering this tablet**

I bought mine in 7/2009 and am on my 4th one. Yes, I have sent it back for repair or replacement THREE times, and am waiting for the shipping box to return this one as well, as this one came back from repair with defective touchscreen, non-working fingerprint reader, buzzing power supply and an SD card reader which isn't screwed in (so it doesn't line up with the frame).

Only HP could ship out such a POS.

If this tablet PC actually worked as advertised it would be my dream notebook. It doesn't. In fact, it doesn't even come close.

The problems which make this great idea a horrible notebook to own:

-The mouse cursor jumps to a certain point on the screen over and over (sometimes clicking, which is always fun when that 'spot' is over the X button). The 'certain point' varies by the notebook, sometimes it is lower left, some right,.. you get the idea. Add to this the makers of the touch panel, N-trig, have yet to make fully working drivers for any OS. N-trig, the company which tells you flat out that updating your tablet's driver can render it irreparable.. and they mean it! TONS of people have had to return their TX2z to HP for replacement because the touch driver killed their tablet.

-The power supply buzzes.. loudly! The buzzing varies by how bright the screen is. If you are superman and can see the screen turned all the way down, it is ignorable. If you want to see your screen, it buzzes to no end. If you want a bright screen, grab your ear plugs.

-The fingerprint reader works.. sometimes. More specifically, it works about ~25% of the time. The other 75% of the time it completely ignores your finger swipes. That, of course, is assuming the software doesn't crash (yes, even on a fresh install).

-It's a tablet, you can hold it at any angle.. you just can't see it at any angle! The screen turns to a bright mush if you hold the tablet at any angle besides directly. If you are drawing, or writing, and want to adjust for your hand position, you no longer get to see the screen because it washes out.

If you really love this tablet, you can buy mine, just as soon as HP sends it back from repair.. FOR THE FOURTH TIME.

Want HP TX2Z TouchSmart 12.1-Inch Laptop Discount?

I purchased this laptop in October from HP's website. It came with a lot of bloatware, which really slowed it down. After removing many of the third party applications pre-installed on the laptop it was much more responsive. When I bought the laptop, it qualified for a free upgrade to windows 7 and after installing Windows 7 it was like a whole new computer. It boots up faster and seems more responsive than with windows vista.

In contrast to LawnMower Man's experience, my power supply is silent, the touchscreen responds well to my finger and stylus, and the laptop seems very sturdily built. The viewing angle of the screen could be better, but if the screen is facing you, you shouldn't have any problems.

I didn't think I would find much of a difference between my old notebook and a tablet notebook, but it has completely changed how I browse the internet, read .pdfs, and take notes. The handwriting recognition software is pretty good out of the box, but you can train it to better recognise your handwriting so you can convert your hand written notes to text with few errors.

I rarely ever use the touchpad mouse on the laptop. When using the tablet like a regular notebook, its much more convenient to move windows and highlight text directly on the screen than it ever was to manipulate a touchpad mouse.

I've really enjoyed using this tablet so far. The touchscreen is responsive and accurate, and it was much cheaper than other tablet PCs on the market (e.g. lenovo).

0 comments:

Post a Comment