Asus S56CA-XH71 15.6" Ultrabook Computer, Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9 GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB 5400 rpm

Asus S56CA-XH71 15.6' Ultrabook Computer, Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9 GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB 5400 rpm HDD + 24GB SSD, Win 7 ProI ordered for the S56CA after working with a lower version; the UX31A I refer to as the Asus i5. The lower version could compete very well with the MacBook Air I bought at the same time. So when we needed a new computer in the office I naturally went for the higher version. The speed is fine but I was surprised with how basic the S56CA is. To start with since I joined the Mac family I had got used to back lit key boards and since the Asus i5 had it, I assumed that the i7 will have it. No it does not come with it. To make matters worse, the CAPS Lock does not light up when you are using it. Imagine checking every time you use it to make sure that you are in caps. I knew that there are still makes that miss out on such features but they do not cost this much. My story ends rather badly. The colleague who would have used the i7 rejected it on the basis of the absence of a backlit key board. So I gave away my more user friendly i5. Of course, if I was living in the States, I would have traded back the i7 for the i5 just to enjoy a lighting key board and keys.

Save 5% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment