Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7305 Laptop AMDA6-340M/4GB RAM/500GB/17.3 inch

Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7305 Laptop AMDA6-340M/4GB RAM/500GB/17.3 inchI have had the laptop for two weeks now. I can play games thanks to its powerful video card; watch movies on its great screen; work on my documents and appreciate the wide keyboard squares. So far, no complaints. The only thing (and I assume that to be the case for EVERY laptop, anyway) I was a bit disappointed about was that the battery's charge does NOT last as much as the computer's specs claim it does.

I really enjoy this laptop. I spend around 12 14 hours a day on my laptop coding websites and using the Adobe Creative Suite (CS4/5). Needless to say, I need a laptop that can handle major graphic capabilities and numerous programs running at the same time without lagging. After digging around on numerous sites to check the benchmarks for Intel and AMD chips and talking to a local PC repair shop, I decided to go with a quad core AMD chip. Not only did this save me money (around $100-$150), but gave me the same quality and speed I needed from an Intel i5.

I have owned it for about a month now and although I still stand by my purchase and I enjoy what I purchased, I have noticed a few things that should be considered. Below are some pros and cons.

Pros:

1600 X 900 Resolution

17" monitor

AMD quad core processor

Decent graphic abilities (Dirt 2, Portal, Portal 2, Adobe CS5)

64-bit

4GB RAM (upgradable to 8GB)

Glossy graphitish colored finish

10-key number pad

HDMI output

Windows 7

3 USB ports

1 combo USB 2.0/3.0 port

Notification LED colors/brightness

The power cord connects in a secure, flush connection

Built-in webcam/microphone

Cons:

No mute button

Left shift key doesn't recognized that it's pressed unless you're pressing directly on the middle (I don't know if this is just mine or a model issue)

No Bluetooth (even though it's listed as having it)

I have never been able to get the sleep&charge USB port to work. I'm not sure if it doesn't or I just haven't figured it out. Either way it's a minor annoyance.

The monitor lid is a little flexible in the center. I don't know if it will affect the picture construction over time or not.

Webcam quality (at least in my experience through occasional use) isn't very great quality. It's functional, but the color and resolution could certainly be improved.

Overall, there aren't any major flaws or issues that I have found (unless you wanted internal Bluetooth), but in the case the cons I have listed would be an issue, you might need to consider that into your purchase.

Also, on an unrelated note, I discovered (well actually I was told by a Best Buy employee and found it to be true) that an XBOX 360 wired controller (there is an XBOX 360 for PC controller out there for $10 more, but it also requires a software portion for it to work which (I was told) can lead to a delay at times) can be used without any configuration (other than button assignment in the occasional game) to play games on your PC. I have loved playing games on my laptop with an XBOX controller. Finally a quality/easy option for people like myself that can't manage to master the keyboard gaming option.

Buy Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7305 Laptop AMDA6-340M/4GB RAM/500GB/17.3 inch Now

I'm a video editor who also likes to watch streaming movies on my laptop. 17 inch screen, super fast processor, quad core multitasking capabilities...no complaints at all. It's very user friendly, great spacious keyboard and mousepad. The best laptop money can buy you for the price. i7 processors are overrated, AMD is the best because its quad core is actually 4 cores, not 2 with the capability of stretching.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7305 Laptop AMDA6-340M/4GB RAM/500GB/17.3 inch Here

I bought this laptop a little over a month ago and at first I loved everything about it, that is until I tried connecting it to my bluetooth printer which is one of the main reason I picked this model, after a lot of trying I finally called Toshiba only to be told they made a mistake and the laptop does not have bluetooth after all and their solution was if my laptop was still within its warranty period, to take it back to the store and get another model.

Luckily I bought an extended warranty and the store where I purchased the laptop gave me a free bluetooth adapter for my laptop to make up for the mistake even though it was Toshiba's fault because they were the ones who said it was suppose to have bluetooth.

Want Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7305 Laptop AMDA6-340M/4GB RAM/500GB/17.3 inch Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment