Apple 11.6" MacBook Air 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M (Z0JJ-4GB)

Apple 11.6' MacBook Air 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320MThis is the base 11.6 late-2010 MacBook Air, with 4GB of RAM rather than 2GB of RAM. There are a lot of reviews on the MacBook Air and 11.6 in general, and you either like this form factors with the lower powered processor or you don't. I personally do, and find it quick enough for the tasks I care about and the SSD makes things load quickly.

The question many people have is whether 2GB of RAM is enough. Because it is a one-time choice. There is no way to add more RAM after you buy it, because it is soldered onto the motherboard. Personally, I think the extra hundred bucks is worth it, so this is a good compromise, the base model with the extra RAM. That said, I've barely seen a need for it based on my usage. With Safari open, Citrix running, Word going, and iTunes, I usually still have 2GB free. But there are some times when I'm doing light photo editing that I'm glad I have the extra RAM, and there always is the speculation that more RAM will be needed in the future.

So, my view is: Great machine -worth it to get the 4GB version if you've got the cash. But if you don't and it's document editing, surfing, and other light tasks, 2GB is more than enough.

As good as it can be. Only things I miss is an backlit keyboard and ethernet port. The rest is just perfect!

Buy Apple 11.6" MacBook Air 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M (Z0JJ-4GB) Now

"You know the nearer your destination the more you're slip sliding away."

The one single thing that irks me about a Mac is that it is slippery! It is slipping around in my lap right now.

I tried to ignore the "slickness" of the aluminum casing..........largely because I believe that Mac's aluminum casing has superior strength and durability to whatever else is out there. But even if I dismiss the "slipperyness" of the aluminum casing I find that I still am perplexed by Apple's choice of the rubber feet.

Why are these slick too? Is it an environmental reason? There are much more rubbery, sticky or grabbing synthetic materials that Apple could have used for the four feet or pads under the chassis. Even after I discovered how difficult it is to stop one of these Mac portables from slipping from my grip I surely thought that it would stick to my countertop.......not really.

I am new to Apple these last three weeks. I bought the MacBook Pro 13" three weeks ago and turned it in because it was a little too big. This Air may be just the size that I want. But regardless of which model I get I am forced to work hard to keep it in my grasp or on my lap. Hey Mac engineers!......as smart as all of us know you are......why have you overlooked this? What's up Apple?

p.s......psssst: other than the above, I really enjoy the facts that this machine is light in weight and is so compact.......good job Mac! The quality is there....outstanding! I think I am likely to keep this Air....if I can just hang on to it!

Read Best Reviews of Apple 11.6" MacBook Air 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M (Z0JJ-4GB) Here

As for the hype in looks, outside the thin body, this silver color makes the mac very dull and not classy

As for the 2 USB ports, one should (because of power demand) be used to run an external drive like a Targus DVD player, which obviate purchase of a Superdrive; i.e. a aftermarket multiport USB hub (e.g. by Targus) won't have juice to play a ext. DVD drive

the keyboard in my opinion is not exactly suited for my liking; the spacing of the keys somehow is awkward and the keys do not give a good feel to one's touch. The big disappointment however is the display; one LCD by a Sony (e.g VGN TZ series) laptop would beat this display hands down. As for the performance, the Mac 1.4G 4gRam is stellar for boot up speed, although overall performance is not stronger than a good Netbook like a TimelineX or Aspire 1810T

there are no SD card slot, no Internet Jack or any other jacks. Accessories include only the power adapter which is very pleasing to the eyes.

I still recommend this 11.6" Air to all users that have no problem with using Apple operating systems, and suggest that they go by the option that comes w/ 4GB Ram.

I take one star away bc of the average display but cannot deny the fact that Apple has made a very good product of commendable portabililty and simplistic operation. Other competitive netbooks are not inferior but most of them will come loaded w/ bloatwares while the Mac does not. This unit is still highly recommended to many, but for me for the price paid does not amount to a full satisfaction because outside looks, good performance should be packaged and come with a gorgeous LCD, good KB and more ports, especially when this slim design is past its being a first generation

Want Apple 11.6" MacBook Air 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M (Z0JJ-4GB) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment