Alienware M17x 17.3" Laptop Computer

Alienware M17x 17.3' Laptop ComputerI bought this product for Christmas.I wanted an upgrade from my old gaming computer. And WOW!!! what an upgrade! Fallout 3 Crysis 2 Skyrim all fly on the Alienware MX-17. Crysis was really bogging down my old computer and it would not even play Skyrim. You could not ask for a better picture true HD.I am VERY happy with my new gaming computer. Thanks Alienware YOU ROCK! (and now I do too!!!)

Great machine, although it's a high price product. Nice Sound, Great performance, silent fan, amazing looks, i didn't expected for it to be this size but it's great. Great keyoard. You may hear alienware is trash since dell bought it, well MY LAPTOP has not been infected, it's simply a great laptop, and for me it's worth the dough.

I'm in love with it, if you have the money...BUY IT NOW! .....seriously NOW!

Buy Alienware M17x 17.3" Laptop Computer Now

Great computer, fast, and easily up-gradable. Looks great with the lighted keyboard. I work in the dark alot and specifically wanted a computer with lighted keyboard, being able to change the colors is just lagniappe. I have had no problems with this computer, been able to play several games and FPS with specs maxed out and had no problems, drag, or freezing. Movies and games look great on the screen and plenty of USB ports for all gaming accessories. This is not a lightweight computer by any stretch, the battery alone weighs about 2 lbs, If you are looking for a desktop replacement that has the capability of being easily portable this is perfect. Very happy.

Read Best Reviews of Alienware M17x 17.3" Laptop Computer Here

BE WARNED! "ALIENWARE" computers today ARE NOT true Alienwares. The major computer manufacturer you see regarding these latest computers sporting the Alienware name (see Dell); purchased Alienware, and apparently began using inferior products and workmanship on what had become known as the pinnacle of gaming and/or high end computing Alienware. I paid just over $3,000 for what I thought was a top-of-the-line Alienware; and while it rocked for the first month, it steadily went downhill from there. Today, when fully charged, I turn it on and have to plug it in within about 30 seconds or it will power down from critically low battery. This thing weighs over 11 pounds and the guys at work joke that the heat it puts off is enough to heat the whole 4,000sqft building we work in! I will never ever EVER buy another Alienware until and unless Alienware is returned to truly being Alienware, and not some subsidiary of Dell or any other major computer manufacturer, that only seeks to use the name coupled with their inferior products to maximize their bottom line.

Want Alienware M17x 17.3" Laptop Computer Discount?

I've had the Alienware M17x for almost three years. I'm trying to get a few more months of use out of it before I take a hammer to it and then set it on fire.

I'm not very tech savvy and I'm not a gamer but I spend a lot of time online. I wanted the fastest laptop available for that simple task so I ordered the Cadillac version of the M17x which set me back nearly $4,000. For that much money, the thing should perform flawlessly even if you drop it off a cliff.

Since I've owned this POS, I've gone through three power cords, spent approximately 30 hours on the phone with Dell "support", had three different service visits to replace the motherboard and other components.

Despite all that, the M17x overheats causing random shutdowns every hour or two. Two or three times a day the screen will just go blank and I'll have to do a forced shutdown and restart. It's ridiculous.

You would be wise to not chalk my experience up to getting a random lemon. Too many others here and elsewhere have had the same or similar experiences.

The bottom line is that Dell/Alienware are putting out outrageously overpriced pieces of junk. If you buy one, there is an excellent chance you'll hate yourself for it.

My actual rating is negative 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment