HP Pavilion dv6-6120us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Silver)

HP Pavilion dv6-6120us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PCBought this laptop approx. 1yr ago, and I've had several problems with it, including hard drive failure, and fan not working, I paid 700$ for this laptop at a Walmart. And Spent around 200$ + tax in repairs.. it's ok for school which is why I bought it, and not so much for gaming, it can't even support gta4 on ultra low settings. But hey you pay what you get for.

The hard drive crashed after six months. When I got customer service, I requested an expedited new hard drive sent the next day, which it was, but it was the wrong one. This was after I carefully went over the specifications with the technical guy. The second technician, who was from the US, seemed competent and after an hour on the phone after attempting to find my order number (which I gave to him), he shipped out the correct hard drive.

I'm not impressed with the keyboard and mouse. I find them much more difficult to use than my previous Dell Inspirion, which I liked much better than this laptop.

Buy HP Pavilion dv6-6120us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Silver) Now

I didn't buy it from Amazon but I wanted to share my experience anyway. I was happy with this computer for the first 6 months that I owned it. Until...I went to start it and it would not start up. Since it was within the year warranty, I called HP's 800 number. I could barely understand him because of his accent. He lived in INDIA! So, it took over an hour on the phone before he could "diagnose" the problem. When it was finally "diagnosed", I was informed that I needed a new hard drive and he would ship that out free of charge. However, he asked for my credit card information because I needed to send the defective hard drive back. When asked why, he stated that if I did not send the defective hard drive back to them, they (HP) would charge me $150! WHAT?! The other alternative was that I ship my entire computer to them and they would take care of it, which would take aprox. 6-8 weeks! I opted for the former and gave my credit card info. Then, he asked if I wanted a tech to come and install the part or if I wanted to do it. The tech, by the way, would cost me $49! SO, I did it and installed all the programs they shipped to me as well, which took me over 5 hours. Then, I went to reinstall the printer (HP printer) and it wouldn't install. I called the 800 number again and was told, after 45 minuter, that it's the software that's the issue, which is not covered with the warranty. If I wanted them to help me, it would cost me $169 for 1 year, $299 for 2 years, etc. I simply hung up, took it back to the store I bought it from and THEY got it to work for me, free of charge. Now, it works but I will NEVER buy another HP computer again because their customer service is SO AWFUL AND FRUSTERATING!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv6-6120us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Silver) Here

HP sent me a defective screen on my new HP Pavilion. I requested them to replace the computer and they asked me to take a quick-ship at a higher price. In addition, I have to pay for it first at a higher price with lower specs!! I asked for the manager and they rejected me saying they are busy. I have bought 4 HP Pavilions over the last 10 years and this is how they repay you. If there is no problems, I am sure HP is fine. The real problem is if there is something wrong and you are stuck with their customer support. After 10 years, I am going with another brand. They cannot stand when things are not right. I have also spent 80 minutes on the phone with no avail. Buyers beware!!

After 10 years of loyalty with HP, the customer support cannot even give me the manager. After 80 min, they cannot even provide an in-kind replacement.

Want HP Pavilion dv6-6120us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Silver) Discount?

I purchase this pc 20 days ago,for my daughter for school. and the hard drive has fail already.after 3 hours on the phone with 3 different hp techs,all three concluded that the hard drive is defective,and that they would send me a new hard drive that i could install,or i could fedex the unit to them and they would install it. this is the first review that i have ever written,and i wrote because,had i read the previous reviews on this pc before i purchase it i never would have bought it. october 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment