REFURBISHED-Toshiba Satellite PSAT6U-005002 A505-S6005 Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-330M 2.13 GHz Pro

REFURBISHED-Toshiba Satellite PSAT6U-005002 A505-S6005 Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-330M 2.13 GHz ProI got this computer after my 3rd Gateway died. My Dad recommended it to me after he bought one. I researched it and asked a couple of Toshiba owners that I know and took the plunge.

I love how fast it is. Multitasking is a breeze because of the i3 Dual Core processor and I love the look (although the fingerprints show up if you look at it too hard lol). I love the large hard drive and the speakers are the best laptop speakers that I've ever heard. It is also one of the quietest computers I've ever had.

I wish that the keyboard was a little quieter (it sort of clacks when you type) and I wish that the finish on the keyboard was different. I do love the offset numbers keypad, makes life a little easier.

This computer also has HDMI with CEC and I have yet figured out how to use it but it makes me feel better knowing that it's there lol. I would like to try Netflix or something on it in the future.

The webcam and mic are a little shabby but I don't plan on using it much so no big deal. The multitouch pad is boarderless which is great and has the finger zoom feature. I like being able to instantly zoom when I need to.

Overall, I love this computer. It has great specs for the price and is even a great starter computer. Having Windows 7 makes it a little more user friendly (I was powered up and surfing the net within ten minutes). I have recommended it to anyone who will listen!

I really like this computer even though I am new to Windows 7. I love the sound system so much better than my Sony Vaio. I like the screen size but its a little heavy due to the battery. Overall I think I will be very satisfied with this model. Consumer reports gave it a good rating for this screen size and overall Toshiba has the lowest repair rate also according to consumer reports. The missing star in my rating is just because its heavier than I am used to.

I had one difficulty and that was my old wireless router wasn't allowing this computer onto the network. It was found, but it couldn't connect. I recommend you call the manufacturer of the router because I had to download a newer driver so it could work. It cost me $98 but Toshiba couldn't have solved this problem for me.

This seller was a good seller and I recommend them. I received the computer faster than I had expected. And it was in its original factory sealed box, well packed in another box.

Buy REFURBISHED-Toshiba Satellite PSAT6U-005002 A505-S6005 Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-330M 2.13 GHz Pro Now

Have had this laptop for going on 9 months now. Bought it for $600 on a Best Buy holiday deal. Awesome product for the money even at $789.

This is my 6th laptop since 2001 and it's my favorite so far. I'm not a big fan of long posts so here it is:

PROS

Very long battery life

Excellent HD screen quality

The Harmon Kardon speakers are loud and crisp. Best sound I've heard from a mid-range laptop

Number pad on a laptop keyboard & overall good use of space for the keyboard.

Cool looking backlit LEDs that are flush some might find weird but I love it.

Didn't come with a bunch of crappy manufacturer software.

CONS

Big battery life = big battery. The battery actually puts the laptop on a slant, which again I like, but some may not. The only time I've found it annoying is when I use a slanted lap desk with it (double slant).

The touchpad/mousepad is to the left of the laptop. It's centered over the keyboard because of the number pad to the right. It took some time to get used to and I used to always touch it accidentally when typing causing some typos. After awhile I bought a wireless mouse anyway and turned the touchpad off.

Read Best Reviews of REFURBISHED-Toshiba Satellite PSAT6U-005002 A505-S6005 Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-330M 2.13 GHz Pro Here

My husband and I traded our terrible Asus i3 320gb laptop for this one. It's an all around great computer. We go to youtube, facebook, hotmail, our universities website to do schoolwork, we've installed the Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe and it's still faster then our Dell and Asus. Highly recommend this laptop.

Want REFURBISHED-Toshiba Satellite PSAT6U-005002 A505-S6005 Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-330M 2.13 GHz Pro Discount?

The S6005 has many good featureslong battery run time, hdmi port, sata port, legible keys. Good performance. The bad side is the display: 1366 x 768. You run out of vertical space really fast at that resolution. Think I'm a wimp? You try it, tough guy. Also, it's impossible to position the display such that the screen has consistent brightness top to bottom, unless you're 5 to 6 feet away. Meaning when you use it, it will be dark on he top and light on the bottom. That display has an extreme vertical angular brightness dependency. I checked this with Powerpoint with a constant color background in slide show mode, which covers the entire screen. For white, yellow and red, the screen is perfectno vertical brightness difference. With dark blue, it's a joke. Midnight blue on top, with washed-out hazy sky blue on the bottom. Sucks if you're trying to show something to someone that involves blue and the hue matters. Like a movie maybe. Or a chart. Or a picture. With lighter blue, green, orange, and purple, the defect is there, although not as pronounced as with dark blue. My friend's 2005-era 15.6" Toshiba laptop doesn't show this defect, the resolution seems better, and the screen just looks a whole lot better. Why did Toshiba cheap-out the display? Not to save money or anything, I'm sure. Too bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment