DELL Inspiron iM101z-3980BK Notebook Intel Core i3 330UM(1.20GHz) 11.6" 2GB Memory DDR3 1333 250GB

DELL Inspiron iM101z-3980BK Notebook Intel Core i3 330UM(1.20GHz) 11.6' 2GB Memory DDR3 1333 250GB HDD 5400rpm Intel HD GraphicsIf you're looking for something to use while traveling or just need a secondary computing device for lounging on the couch or sitting on the deck outside, this unit will definitely satisfy your needs. On the other hand, if you're looking for a desktop replacement or primary computing device, thinking of gaming, or expect to type 10,000 word documents day in day out, then this unit probably wont meet your needs.

In my case, I just wanted something to use while I was in the middle of a move, whereby my primary equipment was being hauled away. Although I have a decent smartphone, nothing truly substitutes the full windows7 experience with a full keyboard. I can say that I'm quite pleased as all my expectations have been met I'm able to watch 1080p youtube streams, silverlight (netflix) streams, navigate web pages without any problems, and use IM easily.

With 2gb of memory, one should seriously consider adding another 2gb stick (2 slots, only 1 is occupied) which can be had for less than 20 buckaroos. That gives you 4gb which is sufficient for heavy web / streaming video tasks. There is a true 250gb harddrive which many are replacing with an SSD for faster access and longer battery life. I am thinking of upgrading to an SSD but really, since this is a secondary device I don't really see a pressing need at this point in time.

Note that this unit has a built-in wimax chip which means you can subscribe to wireless 4g plans with sprint or clear. The plans aren't really cheap (35 is the cheapest) but they also don't require any contract so this might be attractive to those who just need to buy a months worth of access while on a trip, for example. It's simply nice to have this option built in without the need for any additional hardware to buy or stick out from your machine.

Quality the finish is pretty good for a Dell and doesnt have any cheap feel to it. Screen is glossy, which I would have preferred a matte type but those are few and far between today. Keyboard fortunately is very tacticle feel to it, responsive, and rates 8/10 for me.

Overall, not much else to say. This is a true notebook with an i3 chip that smokes Atom or E450 AMD chips. In no way is this the fastest notebook out there but the pricetag also doesn't suggest that it should.

Edit: Been using this machine several months now and what do I think of it? LOVE IT! It's hands down the best portable computing device I've ever bought. I've taken this on trips, use it outdoors, and have it in my bedroom for web surfing just before going to bed. It's never failed me and I love the portable size yet its full feature windows in awesome because I never have to comprimise with an Android system that lacks so much. I have zero desire to get a tablet, that's how great this device is.

I've had my Dell 11.6" iM101z for over a year now and purchased it elsewhere, but wanted to share the excellent experience I have had with this notebook PC. First off, the size is perfect. It is small enough (and light enough) to easily travel with, or use in bed; at the same time, the full-size keyboard makes it easy to use. Anyone who calls this a netbook is entirely wrong -it is an ultraportable notebook. The difference between this and a netbook are many -the screen resolution is 1366x768 (720p HD), it has a powerful Intel Core i3 processor, and it can be upgraded to hold 8GB of RAM. Speaking of upgrades, I did add more RAM (maxed it out at 8GB) and I replaced the stock hard drive with a Crucial SSD. It was not slow before these upgrades, but afterwards it is downright fast. As I said, I've had this notebook for about 16 months and it has held up great. Everything still works great, but I did manage to get a scuff on the lid (my fault). Overall, for the price paid (including the upgrades) and the performance/size combination I am highly satisfied. If you're in the market for a small, light notebook, and want full-sized performance, get this!

Buy DELL Inspiron iM101z-3980BK Notebook Intel Core i3 330UM(1.20GHz) 11.6" 2GB Memory DDR3 1333 250GB Now

I bought this computer to replace my old sony vaio laptop. It was smaller than I expected so i am getting use to typing but on everything else it is a winner. Its fast, super light and so far the battery is lasting around 4 hrs of continuous use.

Theres no cd drive but now a days there really isn't a need for one. Along with this computer I also purcahsed the Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD CMX4GX3M1A1333C9. It was a breeze to install, just unscrew the bottom and snap it in. Now the computer runs super fast and it still cheaper than just about any other computer you will find out there. I was going to buy a new ultrabook but I decided that I could save myself $500 and get this computer instead.

Read Best Reviews of DELL Inspiron iM101z-3980BK Notebook Intel Core i3 330UM(1.20GHz) 11.6" 2GB Memory DDR3 1333 250GB Here

The Dell Inspiron 11Z may not be the best netbook/laptop computer in its class, but it comes close. It is a solidly constructed, well designed computer, whose performance compares favorably with other, more expensive, Dell computers I have used, such as several of the early Dell XPS models (M1210, M1330). It may be all a casual user needs in a compact netbook/laptop computer, especially with regards with internet surfing; however, users may want to upgrade the available RAM from 2 GB to 4 GB just for allowing it to have faster internet access, though I have found that when I have used the computer connected to the Internet from a high speed connection, I have had little or no problems with internet surfing. I am delighted that it is relatively light weight, and haven't hesitated carrying it with me, and using it to surf the internet at venues like an East Village (New York, NY) bar or the Metropolitan Museum of Art cafeteria. Aside from internet surfing, I have been able to use the limited versions of MS WORD and MS EXCEL that comprise the MS Office Starter software that was bundled with this computer. (For a substantially higher sum, users can acquire an activation key and have MS OFFICE 2010 working, since it comes installed though not working too.) I highly recommend this computer to anyone thinking of using it primarily as an internet access netbook, or as a backup to another, more feature-laded, laptop or desktop computer.

Want DELL Inspiron iM101z-3980BK Notebook Intel Core i3 330UM(1.20GHz) 11.6" 2GB Memory DDR3 1333 250GB Discount?

It is very nice product with respect to its price but the battery part of device is thicker than other parts which makes it thicker and a little bit heavy than other models in this size. It is mainly because of old model of battery. But other things work well and I am satisfied in overall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment