Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 17.3-Inch 3D Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum)

Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 17.3-Inch 3D LaptopI just have to briefly review this laptop to put some of the bad reviews at bay. I just got this baby yesterday and it has blown me away. The screen is brilliant, the speed is unreal, and the 3D is awesome. Even the speakers are top notch. I'll gush more about it later, first I want to let future buyers know the few minor quirks:

Yes, the secondary hard drive makes a small clicking noise. However, what you will want to do ANYWAY when buying such a rig, is replace the PRIMARY hard drive slot with a solid state drive (I used a 240GB Intel 520). THEN, put the original primary drive (the hybrid one) in the secondary slot. Now, enjoy face-melting mind-bending speeds without any clicking noise. Now your boot time is maybe 10 seconds with a fresh windows 8 install.

Yes, battery life is very short. It is not unexpected with such a powerhouse of a computer. If you need to go more than probably 2 hours without an outlet, this beast is not for you. This is not an ultra-portable machine. It falls more in the desktop-replacement category.

Yes, you can watch your 3D movies (even MKVs) with this laptop. You will probably want to follow a brief tutorial (google iradar mkv 3d nvidia) on using an application called Stereoscopic Player. Choose "Sensio" in Layout settings and "NVIDIA 3d Vision" in playback methods. Make the video full screen with your glasses on and enjoy. Nvidia also offers an application to play 3d video.

I will update this review with any other notable findings that have not been mentioned by other reviewers.

UPDATE 1: I have been casually using the laptop for a couple weeks now. I want to note a couple cool things. The "Qosmio" on the back of the screen glows red in the dark which I JUST noticed. The screen is REALLY bright. On maximum brightness, it is brighter than my 58" plasma TV which is on vivid setting. The laptop has not gotten hot like I thought it might, even after hours of watching 3D video. However, I have not tested the temperature with intensive gaming which could produce different results.

I think it is important for future buyers to really consider the size of the laptop, as well as the massive charger when considering this machine. It is considerably heavier than the average laptop, weighing in at 7.5 lbs. You will almost certainly need to carry the charger as well, so add another 2 lbs. More to come later.

I got the Qosmio laptop. Few weeks back, and I'm quite impressed with it. Its pretty damn fast when its starts up and takes you straight into the main menu where you can select what you an to do. I always been a fan of Nvidia graphics, and playing the high-end games like Crisis 3 on it doesn't pose any issue on the unit. It'll get hot while running games like that mainly because of all four processors are running. But if you want to keep it cool, I suggest buying a cool in pad designed for gaming laptops. These things deffinately do a god job sucking that hot air out from beneath it. I would choose this gamin g platform over Alienwhare anytime.

Buy Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 17.3-Inch 3D Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum) Now

I bought this computer because I wanted a 17" with 3D capability and blu-ray viewing. To me it seemed like Toshiba has some of the strongest processor specs for a good price. I like to keep a laptop for 4 5 years so I did not want some underpowered processor which becomes obselete quickly. I looked at Dell and HP and settled on this unit.

The first unit I bought directly from Toshiba. This one was defective because the 3D did not function properly. Toshiba online direct support diagnosed a defective graphics card so I returned the unit. Now I am leery of Toshiba quality because I had bought the predecessor of this computer in 8/12 (the q7290), and this also was completely defective. Despite 2 duds I wanted to buy a Toshiba for the processor (i7 3630, price, blu-ray, and 3D. I could not find another major manufacturer offering all of this. I also liked the Toshiba website because to me it seems much clearer in terms of the specs of the computer and other details.

From my standpoint I am happy with this computer. It starts very quickly from the sleep mode (

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 17.3-Inch 3D Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum) Here

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your writing style. Such a nice Post, Can’t wait for the next one.

Toshiba - 14" Tecra Notebook - 4 GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive - Graphite Black Metallic

Toshiba - 13.3" Portege Notebook - 4 GB Memory and 128 GB Solid State Drive - Magnesium Black

Post a Comment