HP ProBook 4540s 15.6" Notebook (2.40 GHz Intel Core i3-2370M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

HP ProBook 4540s 15.6' NotebookI really love my new HP Probook. I would advise, however, that one sticks to Windows 7, not Win 8. This computer is very quick and has plenty of memory. Great buy.

I bought this laptop after seeing the specs on a different website. Those CORRECT specs include an i3-3110M CPU, Windows 7 Pro installed w/ Windows 8 disks included, 500GB hard drive. The specs listed in the title of this laptop are HP ProBook 4540s 15.6" Notebook (2.40 GHz Intel Core i3-2370M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW SuperMulti Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Basically, the OS is an upgrade, the CPU is an upgrade, the hard drive is an upgrade. I thought you should know if you are looking at the machine. Could be a problem if you are trying to buy an exact replacement for some purpose in an enterprise environment, etc. Otherwise its just getting more than what you paid for.

Buy HP ProBook 4540s 15.6" Notebook (2.40 GHz Intel Core i3-2370M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive Now

This is my first Windows 8 machine. Windows 8 seems to be all about "apps", which I have no interest in. Initially, the Windows 8 startup screen (apps in your face) was a pain in the neck, but I quickly learned to go quickly to the desktop. I do, however, appreciate the very rapid startup and shut down of Windows 8.

The keyboard has a nice crisp feel, which is a real plus since I do a lot of typing.

The reason I gave four stars instead of five is because the touch pad isn't great. I've only owned two laptops prior to this one, so I don't have a lot to compare to. Perhaps touch pads are generally lousy. But, in any event, I've have a lot of trouble controlling the position of the "mouse pointer" with the touch pad. Bought a USB mouse, so this is no longer an issue when I'm working at a desk. When I'm traveling and don't have a hard surface available for the mouse, I just have to put up with the touch pad.

Read Best Reviews of HP ProBook 4540s 15.6" Notebook (2.40 GHz Intel Core i3-2370M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive Here

Been looking for a good laptop for about 6 months and came across this model so i ordered it and love this hp probook with windows 7 home , Good price an great perfomance for my needs light gaming and surfing web . Fit and finish are awesome 5 Stars all day!!

Want HP ProBook 4540s 15.6" Notebook (2.40 GHz Intel Core i3-2370M, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive Discount?

I ordered this item because the description specifically said WINDOWS 7

It arrived 3 hours ago and the box contained a disk for Windows 8 and

instructions for Windows 8

Never unpacked the rest

Just got back from shipping it back via UPS

The service was great as it arrived in 2 days

I am now wondering if Windows 7 was loaded and the disks for 8 were for an update if desired

as I see some HPs are advertised as such.

If that was the situation it should have said so in the accompanying billing list and on site description

But I didn't want to mess around with the unit so I never opened it

0 comments:

Post a Comment