ASUS K55A-XH51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha)

ASUS K55A-XH51 15.6-Inch LaptopI received this afternoon. Perfect condition. By the way you will receive this with Windows 7 Pro not windows 8 as pictured. In the write up it says Windows 7 professional but shows picture of computer with windows 8 on it. I did not want the 8 and this is the reason I bought it before it was sold out. I hooked up to my wired network downloaded Nortonthen downloaded all my windows 7 updates , changed it to internet explorer 10 and even hooked it up to my Epson wireless printer. It was perfect effortlessly with no error messages at all. Extremely fast browsing downloaded pictures and videos from old computer using usb flash drive to this computer. Perfect. Very quiet computer. You can barely hear it . Sound is good. So happy I bought this . I am just a housewife. No computer expert at all. This computer walks you through it. With the windows 7pro it is easy to add another computer to your home network. Excellent screen resolution. Watched a movie on line. HD clarity. This met more than my expectations!

After multiple bad experiences with HP laptops, I vowed never again. Have now purchased my 3rd Asus laptop this year one for me, one for the wife and one for the kids. The last 2 have both been the model listed here, although unfortunately from another vendor (Newegg) where I ended up paying $50 more per unit than current Amazon price.

I really like Asus laptops and have found them easy to setup/use and very reliable. I noticed one reviewer complaining about the touchpad sensitivity, which perhaps results from that person not having adjusted the touchpad settings to his/her personal preference. I also found the factory default touchpad settings a bit hyper, but it was very simple to adjust settings.

This laptop has a maximum memory of 8GB with 2 memory slots, one of which comes empty from factory, so I also purchased a 4GB memory upgrade for this laptop (approx $40). Product ordered was: Kingston 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 Laptop Memory Model KVR16S11/4; works great!

I, like others, tried out Windows 8 on demo laptops at local retailers (only Windows they had available) and really hated it. So I was happy to find this laptop still available with Windows 7.

If you are put off by fingerprints on exterior, it is worth mentioning that the top of this unit is not the fingerprint-hiding textured surface as depicted in photos, instead it is a typical smooth surface. No big deal for me.

Buy ASUS K55A-XH51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha) Now

I have had this machine a little more than 2 weeks. From the beginning, there have been start-up and shut down failures. Asus has guided me through multiple hard resets and BIOS resets and now says I probably have a virus. One of the first things I did when I turned on the machine was to install and update Kaspersky. Kaspersky has never found a virus, trojan, network attack, etc., etc., etc. The resets are now a daily occurrence. I told the support fellow that the Windows 7 backup fails after the first DVD, but they are "not able to help with backup." If I had purchased this laptop from BEST BUY, I could simply walk in and exchange it within 30 days---with no questions asked. Amazon wants a 15% restocking charge to restock a defective laptop. I rely on Amazon as my first option for many items, both business and personal, but never again will I buy a laptop from Amazon.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS K55A-XH51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha) Here

Title says it all. I need a reliable machine and this is not it.

Everything feels cheap about this laptop. Keys, hypersensitive cursor, feel of plastic God knows what's inside.

After one day (and the expense of downloading Office), the machine has totally frozen up. I can't even force shut-down.

I try to get Asus tech support and they're nearly impossible to contact. I finally sent a note to them after their online 'chat' prompt said they'd be right with me and thanking me for my patience....for 45 minutes. The response to the note said they'd be back in touch in 48 hours.

Want ASUS K55A-XH51 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha) Discount?

Still getting to know it and familiarize myself with it. Nice mocha color. like the key pad and the keys. quiet typing.

Good color and clear graphics.... like it so far

Save 7% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment