Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15128CXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Silver)

Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15128CXS 15.5-Inch LaptopI actually bought this computer at Compuserve when it was on sale for $749. At that price it was a really good deal. The computer yields a lot of power for the money. I am comparing to a 4 yr old HP machine with 4g memory running Vista, so I'm dated to say the least. The Vista to W8 is a moderate learning curve, but I don't want this to be a W8 review.

Pluses:

Very fast

Wonderful graphics

Large HD

8g ram

Minimal "bloatware"

Nice trackpad (a little different from traditional track pads with a tactile click)

Cons:

Not used to the chicklet style keyboard, yet. This will come with time.

The keyboard has a noticable "give" give. I'm not a heavy handed typist, but someone who is will really notice this.

All in all, good value for the money.

Update 12/9/12:

After a few weeks, i have upped my review to 5 stars. I have adjusted to the keyboard (still adjusting to the touchpad), and am loving this computer. I installed software which gives me the start button back, and am making periodic forays into the tile portion of W8. I think the other reviewers who ditzed this computer due to the operating system are a bit out of place. W8 can be adjusted just like any other operating system to satisfy each individual's taste.

New Pros:

Charges quickly

Very light weight (much lighter than my 4 yr old 14" HP)

This is a feature packed computer that I would highly recommend to a friend, especially at the mid-$700s.

Backlight keyboard, ten key on the keyboard, don't really care for windows 8 yet, I might just re-install windows 7, but that has nothing to do with the hardware. Always have preferred the Vaio's over all other laptop brands as they all have that sleek and trendy look. Overall very happy with purchase. The best bang for the buck.

Buy Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15128CXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Silver) Now

I purchased this laptop on Black Friday and got very, very good price for this machine.

Likes:

Large hard drive

Beautiful screen with almost endless viewing angles

Great sound

10 key!

Backlit keyboard

Dislikes (personal preferences):

I don't much care for Windows 8, was hoping there was an included Windows 7 downgrade option.

I don't care for the mousepad; there are no physical left/right buttons

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15128CXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Silver) Here

Very happy with my new computer. I am a Sony person and the large screen works great for my aging eyesite.

East to travel with and sturdy, yet light enough.

Want Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15128CXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Silver) Discount?

Bought this computer at Fry's Electronics on a black Friday deal. The computer comes with a Windows 8 OS. I had heard nightmare stories of Windows 8 being a piece of crap, but decided that the deal was too good to pass up. After about a day and a half of fighting the Windows 8 OS. I purchased the Windows 7 OEM Professional and wiped Windows 8 from the hard drive. Now that Windows 7 is installed on the computer, it runs a lot better. The computer is a great deal for the money and would recommend it if it had come with Windows 7 to begin with. If you buy this computer wipe Windows 8 and install Windows 7. It will save you a headache in the long run.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Toshiba - KIRAbook 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive

Toshiba - KIRAbook 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive (13 i5 Touch)

Post a Comment