ASUS A55A-AB31-PK 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Pink)

ASUS A55A-AB31-PK 15.6-Inch LED LaptopThis is a 3rd Generation Intel processor combo, CPU/Graphics ... smaller die size means runs cooler, faster, better graphics, longer battery life. This model has 4 GB RAM ... I added 4 GB more (make sure the added memory is 1600 mHz frequency not 1333. The screen is bright and clear, though I don't know how color accurate it is. The keyboard is excellent ... the touch pad requires only a light touch, but is tricky when typing a lot. When keyboard adapter is plugged in, can setup to auto turn off pad, nice. I prefer an external mouse. Speakers are okay (for a laptop, but no bass frequencies). External Speakers are obviously much better. Wlan (WiFi) has good range. Though I am adding an Alfa wireless range extender...for use in boonies ... see below (1). Camera and microphone are fine for Skype like chats. No bluetooth, but it can be added via USB 2.0 adapter. SD camera card reader is actually SDHC ... I like the new USB 3.0 ports ... two of them and one USB 2.0 ... total of three ... nice.

Overall, a well made, great performing laptop by ASUS ... fast, runs cool and has reasonable battery life for a non SSD storage drive system. Tons of storage ... 750 GB HHD ... Pricing is very competitive. The instant on is really nice. I prefer ASUS build quality, reliability and customer service... one of the best in the industry.

Amazon customer service has also been outstanding on this and many other items I have bought. Cooperative and helpful.

(1) Alfa AWUS036H High power 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g High Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Rubber Antenna and a 7dBi Panel Antenna and Suction cup / Clip Window Mount for Wardriving & Range Extension by Alfa

Pros:

-Good battery life (3 hours on high performance)

-No bullshit bloatwares on setup

-Graphics can handle most graphically taxing games on low-med settings

-Great processor for everyday uses

-Comfortable keyboard, great screen

-Simple design, sleek looks

Cons:

-Touch screen a bit too sensitive, delicate to the touches

-Mediocre built-in speakers

For those of you who are looking for a work laptop without heavy tasks such as video editing or hardcore gaming, this is a great laptop. Furthermore, this laptop can handle games such as WoW, Guild Wars 2, and Starcraft at Medium-low settings at 40-50 fps, which is good. Great price for a versatile entertainment laptop

Buy ASUS A55A-AB31-PK 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Pink) Now

The specs are pretty good and i'd say you get what you're paying for. what's not mentioned above is that the sodimm is expandable to 8gb, and the graphics card is a 1gb, and it's got a usb 3.0 and insta-on.

Good comp runs everything smoothly and i've doing a lot of heavy STATA data analysis and massive excel sheets. the battery life is about 2.5 hrs (pretty bad), and the WORST thing about this computer is that the SPEAKERS ARE ON the BOTTOM!!! WTF?! why would you do that? so when i put the laptop on my lap...I can barely hear any sound on full volume!

I didn't realize how wide this computer actually is...it's got that number pad on the side too so just make sure you want that.

and the smart touch thing is retarded...i have had to disable touch click b/c my cursor keeps redirecting while typing.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS A55A-AB31-PK 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Pink) Here

My wife has had an HP laptop for several years. It had Windows Vista as the operating system. I have an Acer laptop and an HP desktop, both with Windows 7 installed. My wife's computer was fairly slow and didn't talk well with my Windows 7 home network, so when my grandson needed a laptop to do homework on, I jumped at the opportunity to give him the Vista laptop and get a new laptop for my wife with Windows 7 installed.

After having two HP computers (laptop and desktop), I am not enamored of HP computers, so I was looking for something else that had good ratings (on Amazon of course). I like my Acer laptop, but the keyboard is kind of chintzy it flexes a little when you type. Reading reviews on Amazon and Consumer reports, I decided to try an Asus brand laptop. I wanted something with a large enough screen that my wife could comfortably read and that didn't take up a huge amount of counter space since the laptop sits in a countertop desk in the kitchen. 15.6-inches is the same as her old laptop, so that is why I picked that size. Amazon had a good choice with the right options and processor and the blue color stood out as my wife's favorite. So, for all the reasons above, I picked this laptop.

The laptop came boxed and packed well. No problems with damage. It is beautiful. The blue is rich and everything seems of high quality. I had a lot of fun customizing it for my wife's use. I took off all the crapware and added the programs I like to have on my computers like OpenOffice a free clone of MS Office and other similar programs that we use every day.

This laptop is fast and has solid hardware. It has not given me any problems and my wife likes it a lot. I would buy another Asus after my experience. One slight issue I have with the case is that the back sits a little low for me. This makes the keyboard face upward at a fairly high angle for my tastes. I would like to see the back end raised a little higher so the keyboard is slanted more towards the user. That makes it easier for me to find the keys with my palms resting on the counter. I am 6'-2" so I sit a lot higher at the counter than my wife who is only 5'-1". However, my wife says it is fine with her, so that is what counts.

This is a great PC boots fast, has a lot of zip, runs everything that I need to run and I cannot say anything bad about it. I think it was a great buy.

Want ASUS A55A-AB31-PK 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Pink) Discount?

This laptop has everything I need decent integrated graphics, fast CPU, upgrade-ability, won't burn my legs... on the surface, it ticked all the checkboxes. But I had to return it because of the space bar.

I type A LOT and my wife types a lot, too. She's going to use this laptop for school, and a spacebar that works 30-50% of the time isn't going to cut it; school papers with words mashed together that requires doubleand triple-checking to correct is a deal breaker. I don't have the time and I have plenty of things that frustrate me in life, a keyboard doesn't have to be (and will not be) one of them.

Sorry, Asus I love your motherboards and video cards, but your laptop really, really let me down. I searched around and this is a pretty common problem with keyboards on Asus laptops, so I will unfortunately be going with a competitor's product.

If you plan on using this more like a desktop connected to an external keyboard and mouse and only need occasional portability, then it's a fantastic deal. But if you're an accomplished typist and need to rely on a keyboard that has a spacebar that works, I suggest you go elsewhere.