Toshiba Black 15.6" Satellite C655D-S5200 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core C-50 Processor and Windows 7

Toshiba Black 15.6' Satellite C655D-S5200 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core C-50 Processor and Windows 7 Home PremiumI've had this computer about a year and a half, and I think it's pretty spiffy. I bought it at Walmart for $330-ish, I think. After about a year of using it with no problems, the hard drive crashed, and it needed replacing (about $200).

What compelled me to write a review was the comments that the laptop hinges broke. I had the same problem with mine. The plastic at the hinges on the laptop base separated and the screen became loose. I couldn't close it without the computer making breaking noises. After a little examining, I realized that the one of the screws on the bottom of the laptop that hold the hinges to the plastic had came out. I "borrowed" a screw from a different part of the laptop (oops) and it's been fine since. If you have this laptop, I strongly suggest tightening the display hinge screws, which are located right underneath the hinges on the underside of the laptop, with a jeweler's screwdriver to make sure your screen doesn't get floppy, or so that you don't lose a screw entirely.

I bought this Toshiba laptop brand new from a local big box vendor. Avoid buying the laptop if at all possible. If I could rate it at less than 1 star I would.

Cons:

1. Battery stopped charging less than 6 months after purchase. A replacement battery

from Toshiba requires a $176 holding charge on a credit card even though Toshiba customer

support never bothered to determine whether the problem was the battery or the latop itself.

2. LCD screen broke after a tap to the *back* of the laptop. Toshiba's repair depot charged $325, nearly the cost of the laptop itself, to repair. I bought a screen here on Amazon for $72 and fixed it myself in 40 minutes.

3. The absolute worst customer support I've ever come across.

Pros:

1. cheap and efficient if used for basics (web browsing, document handling).

This is the last Toshiba item I'll ever purchase. Toshiba customer support and the product and customer support have been nothing short of infuriating.

Buy Toshiba Black 15.6" Satellite C655D-S5200 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core C-50 Processor and Windows 7 Now

Love this computer! I've had it for almost a year and no issues. works great and easy to keep clean!

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Black 15.6" Satellite C655D-S5200 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core C-50 Processor and Windows 7 Here

I bought this laptop because I am a student on a budget. It works fine but there is a problem. My hinges on my laptop have been broke for about 8 or months. My laptop also make strange beeping sounds too.

Want Toshiba Black 15.6" Satellite C655D-S5200 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core C-50 Processor and Windows 7 Discount?

This laptop is GARBAGE! DON'T BUY IT!!!!

I bought this laptop in September 2011. It quit working all together in March this year.

First the hinges broke on both sides of the lid. Then the plastic pieces around bottom would pop apart every time I opened it.

I bought this laptop for online use and word processing for college. I was online one day shopping for baby shower things for my sister and the piece of junk crashed. It hasn't booted up since. I press the power button and NOTHING HAPPENS! AT ALL! TOTAL WASTE OF $400