Dell XPS 15z X15z-1461ELS 15.6" Laptop (2.30 GHz Intel Core i5-2410M, 6 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive,

Dell XPS 15z X15z-1461ELS 15.6' LaptopI wanted 1920x1080 resolution in a thin and light with Sata III, USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4. The choices were this, this and this. It's a very good system all in all. I highly recommend using an SSD such as an OCZ Vertex 3. The computer boots 3x faster with an SSD. I deducted a star because of the difficulty of upgrading parts (memory, hard drive, etc). It is not as simple as removing a few screws. You can easily damage the unit in doing so.

I purchased a Dell laptop for my son from Amazon and this seller filled the order. A few weeks later the laptop died, either a bad power supply or motherboard. I called Dell to initiate a warranty claim, and they told me this machine was registered to someone else. The seller claims that was impossible and send it back to them. I did, and they replaced it with another unit. (Which was a long drawn out process with a lot of broken english involved)

So I receive the replacement and a few weeks later it dies as well, Dell accepts the registration but says it will not warranty because it is a USED LAPTOP. At this point I've paid for the item plus shipping it for repair twice and the seller will not cover anything.

SUMMARY: They sell used faulty equipment and represent it as new. Amazon's "A-Z" claim has done the Z part on this one ZERO, They have not even so much as given me a status update. Save yourself the aggravation and buy locally. These guys are scamming people.

Buy Dell XPS 15z X15z-1461ELS 15.6" Laptop (2.30 GHz Intel Core i5-2410M, 6 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment