Dell Inspiron 11z-1121 laptop / Intel i3-330um / WiMax 4G Networking / 2GB DDR3 / 11.6'' HD Truelif

Dell Inspiron 11z-1121 laptop / Intel i3-330um / WiMax 4G Networking / 2GB DDR3 / 11.6'' HD Truelife WLED / 250G Hard Drive - Obsidian BlackI've had the Dell 1121 for over a week now.

Let me just say it's the best netbook you can get for your money. And I say netbook only because it's lacks an optical drive, but it's really a laptop shrunk the size of a netbook.

The 2nd Gen Core i3 really kicks butt, and it blows the ASUS 1215N-PU27-BK 12.1-Inch Netbook (Black) out of the water for about the same price!

Minecraft runs with only minimal lag (You'll need to upgrade the RAM to 8GB, but it's not a big deal because the netbook has two slots.

It plays Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal 2 with decent FPS after you turn the graphics down some.

Well worth it.

At this price, you would not believe that you can get all these features. The battery life is excellent. I had an HP that I used to keep for work and I had to constantly search for an outlet everywhere I went.

The notebook is really lightweight, but still has a large, bright LCD. I play a lot videos on the machine and have never experienced any hickups (not streamed media obviously).

The keyboard is not flimsy or distorted. Typing is very much like a full-sized desktop, but the keys could be thicker. The one thing I would recommend is getting a cooling pad if you intend on keeping this little guy on your lap. It could get a warm after a while. The other thing to note is that if you need a DVD/CD drive, you need to look elsewhere, but you will not find a notebook this weight (or just a notebook) with that feature out there for the same price.

Buy Dell Inspiron 11z-1121 laptop / Intel i3-330um / WiMax 4G Networking / 2GB DDR3 / 11.6'' HD Truelif Now

I think this is an underappreciated computer (but not by me!). I think of it like a Macbook Air for Windows. Perfect size & weight 11.6" and 3lbs. Perfect for school or portable business use. HDMI and VGA ports for home use or projectors.

Great LED screen. Resolution is only 1366x768, but what more do you need for this machine? It orginally had 2GB, but I upgraded to 6GB total RAM. I also changed out my hard drive to one with 7200 RPM, so it's a little snappier. There is a youtube video that can help you to learn how to change out your hard drive as it isn't intuitive.

Build quality is solid... but it's not a Latitude with magnesium alloy. It is hard plastic, but I wouldn't recommend dropping it.

I also upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate for the operating system. It also supports most Linux distributions Ubuntu, Mint & Zorin. Windows 8 runs very well on this machine... but I can't stand that interface, so I'm sticking with Windows 7.

Battery life is decent at about 3.5 hours.

3 Downsides I can think of:

1) It gets rather warm on the bottom side. If you do anything with heavy graphics, you will want a cooling pad.

2) There's no built-in bluetooth. While it would probably drain battery life quicker, I think it should've been made a requirement for such a little gem.

3) The screen doesn't open up all the way. I think it only goes back 120 degrees? It makes it more difficult to use on laptop stands.

All in all, if you are looking for a NON-touch screen laptop, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

Since I can't stand the Windows 8 OS, I look forward to finding used 11z's on ebay if/when my machine ever dies on me.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron 11z-1121 laptop / Intel i3-330um / WiMax 4G Networking / 2GB DDR3 / 11.6'' HD Truelif Here

This is the perfect pc for retirees. I bought a hotspot for the internet. I can sit at my bar and look out my window and email or search the internet. The keyboard and the screen are a good size. I can take it with me wherever i go. I am glad i waited for this model.

Want Dell Inspiron 11z-1121 laptop / Intel i3-330um / WiMax 4G Networking / 2GB DDR3 / 11.6'' HD Truelif Discount?

The Dell 11z-1121 is a great little netbook. In my classroom, I have used older Dell netbooks, Lenovo netbooks, and Asus netbooks. This is a great improvement. I had been using an 11 inch Macbook Air as my personal travel PC, but that recently went to my youngest daughter. Needing a replacement and on a tight budget, I looked for a less expensive replacement. The Dell 11z was my choice, and I am not dissapointed.

On the pro side, it has a great screen and keyboard. It is ruggedly built. Memory upgrades are easy. It comes with Windows Premium 7 (while not Mac OSX, it is still a good system). The processor is fast. It has everything I need for teaching a VGA port, three USB ports, and a good sound system.

On the con side, Amazon dropped the ball. The main picture on Amazon's web site is not a Dell 11z. It is a picture of a laptop with a DVD drive, and this is misleading. Amazon, while you strive for perfection, you are not quite there. I will say, though, delivery was good. Keep trying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment