Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Laptop, Intel Core i3 Processor, 13.3" Display

Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Laptop,  Intel Core i3 Processor, 13.3' DisplayI agree with those who say the keyboard is a little weird at first, but it took me little time to get used to it. I also agree that you should not buy this machine here since I just picked mine up at Best Buy for $699.99 with the added convenience of being able to take it back to them should anything go wrong (in the first year).

As with any computer you ever buy, the first question you ask yourself is, "What am I going to use it for?" I don't plan on doing any heavy lifting with it and the specs are better than either of my desktops which I've used to run Photoshop and AutoCad. I don't see how anyone can complain about the speed for the price. I want to do word-processing, surf the Net and watch video. This laptop handles all of these things nicely. Why did I pony up an extra $150 for this model over the other Toshiba at the store? It's small. Very important to me.

After reading a thousand reviews on this thing, I have one last thing to say: Suggesting to me that I should go get a MacBook instead of a Toshiba is the most useless thing you can put in a review. I already have a MacBook that I got as a hand-me-down, and it's sitting on the ping pong table in my garage. I don't like Macs, and there is nothing wrong with me because of it. It's like saying, "Oh, that's a nice laptop, but you really should have bought a Chevy." Just tell me about THIS computer, and then go make out with your Mac.

At 1st I wanted to buy a mini because I thought of it being more portable. Then I found out that they are quite slow when you start to add programs like Microsoft office because they are mainly for internet, email, etc. plus they don't come with a CD drive (unless you purchase one separately)

But the laptops seemed too big and heavy for me to carry around (student).. After doing tons of research I found this computer. The R705-P35 it's super light, might be as light as a mini. It has tons of memory and it runs many programs at once with no problems. It's quiet, it's thin, and it's pretty small! 13.3in!! So, if you are looking for a mini with the memory of a bigger computer, this is the one for you.

Can't say much about battery life because I always have it plugged in, but I will make sure to update if there are any issues.

Buy Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Laptop, Intel Core i3 Processor, 13.3" Display Now

This is the laptop I've been waiting for. It's light. It's lighter than my old netbook but includes a real processor (no atom) with a dvd player. Finally I have something I can do real work on that doesn't wrench my shoulder out of its socket. It has great battery life. Recently took two connecting flights down to FL no battery problems, and it was on pretty much the whole way. Amazing. And the small form factor means I can actually use it on the airplane without any yoga positions. It's plenty fast for what I need it for light duty programming, office apps, surfing the net, etc. Did I mention its lightness? I'm always handing it to people to amaze them with its miniscule avoirdupois.

What I don't like: not a whole lot. Toshiba limits the crapware it installs, but I wish it were easier to get rid of their proprietary "enhancements" to the OS. There's one left that I can't figure out how to ditch the webcam controls that pop out annoyingly from the side if you move the mouse over the edge. Something dumb that I wish I didn't have to pay for but that doesn't hurt anything Wimax. Useless to me (and most people I suspect). Also it's fan is sometimes a bit noisy but only a problem when watching dvd's with the speaker's volume turned down.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Laptop, Intel Core i3 Processor, 13.3" Display Here

Pros:

-Big hard drive (500gb). Wont run out of room on this thing.

-New intel i3 processor is peppy. It runs fast and multi-tasks quite well.

-Portability (amazingly light)

-13 inch screen is just the right size for a decent work space.

-No noticeable screen glare

Cons:

-Chiclet style keyboard is not well executed. The keys are slick to touch and mushy to press. Space Bar is especially bad. Feels very cheap for a computer of this price.

-Touchpad needs to be fine tuned. Default settings for sensitivity and multi touch features are crummy

-Speaking of multi touch... It is EXTREMELY spotty. I installed Ubuntu Linux alongside the provided Windows 7 and the two finger scrolling worked much smoother

-I'm BIG on battery life. I got this computer especially for it's advertised 8-9 hour battery time. In reality, however, it gets around 4 1/2. Hardly enough to last me through the day. (This is on low screen brightness and in the "eco-mode" power setting)

All in all, this is a good machine. I would love it if the keyboard wasn't so crappy and it got a little better battery life. Still, for the money it's tough to beat the specs provided. If you've got some extra cash I would probably go for the MUCH better constructed Macbook or Macbook Pro.

Want Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Laptop, Intel Core i3 Processor, 13.3" Display Discount?

I've been looking for a PC equivalent of the MacBook Air since...forever. But so far, nobody has been able to combine light weight, big screen size, and affordability. I've looked up and down, and only the R705 can beat the MBA.

Pro:

1) Only a feather heavier than the MBA 13";

2) But has twice the specs in CPU, hard drive, and RAM.

3) Also has eSATA, SD reader, HDMI, DVD burner, WiMax and one more USB port. MBA = nada.

4) In case you haven't noticed, it's so much more affordable.

Con:

1) It's not sexy like the MBA. You're not going to fall in love with it. Strictly a workhorse.

2) Power adapter is still the same brick that Toshiba has been including for the past 10 years. No innovations there. Cable management definitely needs improvement.

This is THE laptop to get if you need a light but powerful travelling laptop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment