HP Pavilion G7-2243us 17.3"Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M CPU, 6GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB Hard Drive, AM

HP Pavilion G7-2243us 17.3'Laptop - Sparkling Black, Model B5Z58UAI also bought mine and Staples for use in my classroom and I love it! The Windows 8 is really neat for organizing the programs you have open. It's easy to manage. I use this computer and run 4-5 large programs at a time and it is extremely fast! The tech man at my school recommended this specific computer since it has a 4core and I'm so glad I went with this one. Plus the screen is large and very vibrant.

The Windows Update issue is related to a conflict between the sound drivers and one of the updates. Uninstall 2 sound drivers and run Windows update. The drivers will re-install themselves automatically on reboot.

Buy HP Pavilion G7-2243us 17.3"Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M CPU, 6GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB Hard Drive, AM Now

I play Call of Duty Black Ops II in medium settings @45-60fps.

I have also played Battlefield 3 in medium-low settings just fine.(doesnt draw fps so i dont know extacly what fps)

I use Adobe Photoshop CS6 as well as Premiere and After Effects.

Plays 1080p video perfectly (my old computer couldnt)

Unless you are using a 3d program to render full 3d scenes i dont think you would have any problem for Video and photo editing, and light to medium gaming.

Also I use this computer paired with a Laptop Cooler (any). It brings the temp down about 10c and runs faster.

Also if you use something like Razr Game Booster, or something that will allow you to close down background services it will improve your gaming.

CONS:

Only thing I do not like is the screen. I edit photos and I feel if I dont have the screen at a perfect 90degrees, the colors and lightness/darkness in pictures changes. So I dont feel I can get an accurate edit of the photo.

Maybe I will upgrade to an HD monitor to pair with this laptop

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion G7-2243us 17.3"Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M CPU, 6GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB Hard Drive, AM Here

This my first Windows 8 computer --purchased for my wife. I dislike Windows 8, she hates Windows 8. HP Support says you are stuck with Windows 8. You can not downgrade to Windows 7. They will sell you the Windows 7 disc but will provide you NO DRIVERS to support Win 7. You must get drives from the manufacturers of each of the components HP puts into the notebook. If you downgrade support and warranty are void.

So...it's good hardware and value. Beware before you buy-----love windows 8!

Want HP Pavilion G7-2243us 17.3"Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M CPU, 6GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB Hard Drive, AM Discount?

The keyboard of this laptop doesn't have a pause/break key. This means that ctrl+break doesn't work. When I called HP support they told me that HP hadn't provided for this function. No big deal to people who aren't programers but if you are running code and need to interrupt it or accidentally create an endless loop you have to stop the parent program using task manager--not the best solution.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your writing style. Such a nice Post, Can’t wait for the next one.

Acer - Aspire E Series 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Glossy Black

Acer - Aspire 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Glossy Black

Post a Comment