Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5357 Laptop C855D-S5357

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5357 Laptop C855D-S5357This is a very basic, low-level laptop. It's not necessarily bad, it's just not that great either. Loads slow, video buffers a lot and system stutters when browsing through panels in the W8 modern UI. Perhaps with a little more RAM it might run faster, but I don't want to have to upgrade a laptop right out of the box. If money is an issue, this will work, but you can probably find something perhaps $50 more that may be a bit better out of the box.

Purchased this on cyber Monday, received the laptop in 2 days...so far so good, I have to get use to Windows 8, but I love the format. The keyboard is slick, the laptop is light, easy to open and shut....Will give a later review after messing around with for a month or two.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5357 Laptop C855D-S5357 Now

My old Dell's screen went out, so I began a search on which laptop would be as reliable but have more space. I purchased this laptop (toshiba satellite c855-ds5357) around November of 2012 I am SHOCKED at how slowly it processes. I don't have it bogged down. I can have only one window open, but videos lag and look choppy. It takes me an hour to process a Fed Ex print order that used to take me only 5-10 minutes because page changes are S-l-O-W. Customer support was a joke they told me 2 months ago that I didn't have a warranty. It was supposed to come with a 1 year couldn't understand their CS Rep but I knew he was trying to sell me more stuff that I didn't need. What I needed was a reliable computer that did what it was supposed to.

It's pretty but it's garbage.

Run away folks. Bad news in Toshiba land.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5357 Laptop C855D-S5357 Here

Windows 8 is less than perfect however, bought this as a gift, set it up with a classic start menu app and the OS is now tolerable. The laptop is a great value for the price!

Want Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5357 Laptop C855D-S5357 Discount?

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT, BECAUSE IT WAS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT BOUGHT IN NOV AND GIVEN AT CHRISTMAS BY TIME IT WAS FIRST USED THE 30 DAY WARRANTY FROM THE SELLER(AMAZON) HAD EXPIRED. HAD TO GO TO THE TOSHIBA COMPANY FOR SERVICE, AND PAY FOR THE SHIPPING CONTAINER AND THE COST OF SHIPPING IT BACK TO THE REPAIR CENTER. (THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE HARDDRIVE) AFTER RECEIPT OF RETURNED REPAIR FOUND ANOTHER PROBLEM, REFUSED TO PAY AGAIN FOR SHIPPING AND THE COMPANY WOULD NOT ISSUE A REPAIR ORDER UNLESS I PREPAID THE SHIPPING, AND SO I AM STUCK WITH IT AS IS. ON TOP OF ALL THIS, THE COMPUTER ITSELF IS NOT SUITED TO WINDOWS 8, BECAUSE IT IS NOT A TOUCH SCREEN. BAD NEWS--NEVER AGAIN TOSHIBA.

Save 24% Off

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Toshiba - KIRAbook 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive

Toshiba - KIRAbook 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive (13 i5 Touch)

Post a Comment