Gateway ID49C12u 14 Inch Laptop - Arctic Silver

Gateway ID49C12u 14 Inch Laptop - Arctic SilverThis is almost a perfect laptop. Excellent size +/14 inches. Very light +/5 pounds. The Intel i5 cpu is a fantastic chip and runs applications like a breeze, 4.6 on the Windows 7 user experience index. I've had absolutely no issues with the product, in fact, the touch pad is better than most other laptops I've used. The specs vs price seemed just right for what I needed this laptop for and the item delivered in all aspects.

I receive my laptop last Oct 21, 2010 because I work on the ship. Im very impressed with the look of the laptop. It doesn't look cheap and the design was elegant. The only problem that I encountered is sometimes when I press the touchpad button (the one on the left), its not responding... Sometimes i need to tap the center touchpad before it response... it is hassle when i want to drag a file...i cant drag it because the left button is not responding... and I used this laptop for Deejaying so dragging files is common in my command... Sometimes I need to try it several times before it rsponse... I am not sure if i need to upgrade the driver for touchpad or not but its giving me hard time... I haven't complaint yet to Amazon because I'm still testing it.

The rest of the specification is good and fast. I will recommend this laptop...

Please put comment if you have the same problem like mine... So that I wont waste my time testing it...

Buy Gateway ID49C12u 14 Inch Laptop - Arctic Silver Now

I bought this for my daughter in college. 4 days after she got it the mouse pad did not work right. After spending MANY hours with Gateway Tech Service, updating programs, system restores over many many calls I had to spend $18 to ship it to them for repair. They "fixed" it and sent it back. STILL DOES NOT WORK and I CAN'T RETURN IT!!! Gateway is TERRIBLE If you buy one you will be sorry!

Read Best Reviews of Gateway ID49C12u 14 Inch Laptop - Arctic Silver Here

This laptop is very good for the price. The touch pad takes a little getting used to, especially after sharing a macbook pro with my wife. But I've been using this computer for a week now, and I'm starting to like the touch pad a little better. Right click remains an issue (have to click more than once sometimes), but again, it's always a matter of getting used to something new. The keyboard is awesome. I'd say it's better than my wife's macbook pro and she reluctantly agreed. The computer is fast, looks great, and is the perfect size.

The sound quality and surround sound is great. But the computer lacks volume and doesn't get very loud. With headphones it sounds great. The new Windows 7 is pretty stable. However, beware that if you don't set it to go into sleep mode when you close the lid it will lock up -just one of those things with windows. I don't think it has anything to so with the computer itself.

It's also very light and the battery life is what gateway says it is (5 hours or so depending on what you're running).

For the price, look no further...it's a keeper.

Want Gateway ID49C12u 14 Inch Laptop - Arctic Silver Discount?

I originally purchased the HP Pavilion dm3-3110us 13.3-Inch Notebook PC Silver but ended up returning it due to the processor was just not fast enough for my needs. Both have a similar silver design and are lightweight. I actually prefer the overall looks on the HP but this Gateway is much faster for my needs.

I upgraded the ram to 8gb using Corsair 8 GB DDR3 Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 and noticed a huge difference in overall performance. Windows Performance score is 4.7.

I am not having any problems with the touchpad like others have mentioned, in fact I really like this type of pad. Has a solid feel and 'click' when pushed. The glowing touchpad is ok but would have preferred a backlit keyboard. Speaking of keyboard this design is really nice with open space between the keys making it easy to clean with some canned air.

Didn't come with a ton of software installed like the HP mentioned above...which is a good thing

CD rom is ok but these days it is something I really don't need anymore but may appeal to others

Weighs just a tad over 5 pounds

Speakers are nothing great and do not get that loud. Quality is great with headphones

Has a dedicated social network key but prefer to view it all in a browser instead of using the app

My last desktop was a Gateway and it lasted over 5 years with absolutely no issues before I sold it.

Very happy with this laptop and is priced right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment