HP DV6T-2000 Intel Quad i7 720QM 2.8GHz W/ TURBO BOOST, 8GB DDR3, 15.6" LED Display, 500GB Hard Dri

HP DV6T-2000 Intel Quad i7 720QM 2.8GHz W/ TURBO BOOST, 8GB DDR3, 15.6' LED Display, 500GB Hard Drive, Nvidia 230M Gaming Video Card, Windows 7 PremiumThis is a great laptop at it's core, depending on your configuration, it can get even better.

The one I purchased looks nothing like the picture (the picture is from the dv7 series I believe)

My most recent test for laptops is the playstation 2 emulator PCSX2. Most games were able to run at 60fps.

For those who don't know what that means, it basically means that this machine is a true beast.

The screen is nice and bright also.

The laptop does support hardware virtualization.

The touchpad does have 2 separate buttons (not like those annoying large pads where you press on the lower corners of the touchpad to click) as well as an enable/disable switch.

I had to install the internal bluetooth module myself, not too hard as laptops go, but expensive. $20 bluetooth module, $45 cabling kit, $12 S&H. and yes, you HAVE to buy the cabling kit as it is a 2 inch cable with tips that allow you to connect the module to the motherboard.

While upgrading the bluetooth, I noticed there is also a slot to stick a WWAN card as well.

There is an hp docking connector on the left side.

I found 4 USB ports, 3 regular and 1 esata/usb combo.

the video out is HDMI and VGA.

there is a firewire port also.

1 pcmcia slot (express card 54 type) which I only used to hold the remote control.

lastly there is an SD card slot. (if anyone cares, an inserted card fits flush so you can leave on in all the time without worrying about it breaking off.

here is the bad:

this thing runs hot and loud. Keep the vents clear otherwise it will overheat and shut off.

It's rather heavy.

it fingerprints easily. (I found myself cleaning it all the time).

0 comments:

Post a Comment