Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7222 17.3" Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Accelerated Processor, 6 GB RAM,

Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7222 17.3' Laptop Fusion Finish in Matrix GraphiteThis is great laptop. Finally great price and performance point that can fully replace home desktop. It even runs basic games with no problems. So far I played Half Life 2, Need for Speed World, Team Fortress 2, portal 2, all with high settings at 1600x900 and no problems whatsoever. On Grand theft Auto IV it started to choke a bit and I had to reduce quality settings to get good frame-rates.

Overall great machine that will be more powerful than most people would need for a long time, unless you want to play latest and greatest games, then you got to spend a bit more.

This one was slow (when it was still working), despite it's quad core. This was the first AMD processor I've tried, and I'm disappointed. I'm going back to Intel after this.

The laptop broke after 1 1/2 years, so no luck with the warranty. First it's the BSOD upon booting into Windows. Tried various ways to recover but couldn't. From what I've seen online, it looks like a hardware error (something to do with PNP).

Left the broken laptop alone for a while (didn't know what to do with it), and today when I turn it on, the screen is dead. Nothing even appears on screen.

It's going to some E-waste facility now.

Buy Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7222 17.3" Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Accelerated Processor, 6 GB RAM, Now

Screen is bright. Processing is fast. Enough memory to run even the most memory hog application. Could not beat the price either. One hint Buy an extended warranty. The limited warranty with Toshiba sucks. I am able to multitask quite well and have several windows open and applications running. You might want to uninstall some of the bloatware but so far it hasn't been a problem for me.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7222 17.3" Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Accelerated Processor, 6 GB RAM, Here

I purchased this for around $459 at the local Staples. It looks great, but for a quad core, not as speedy as I had thought. Windows 7 Score 5.6, not so great as the drive is slow. The problem with mine was the date advanced about 1 minute for every 1 minute is was asleep or shut down. I contacted Toshiba Support and was told it was a problem with this model and there was not a fix yet (two weeks ago, but the problem was reported about mid-July 2011). The case is cheap, but okay. The touchpad doesn't respond as well as my Sony laptop, or many of the Dell laptops I have used. The touchpad is bad, so I had to purchase a mouse! Because of the time (and date if it's shut off or asleep long enough) is a problem that I would never recommend anyone to purchase this model. My antivirus is always out of date unless I fix the time/date manually each time I boot up or awake it. My emails don't have the right time, so if something is time sensative, I have to make sure I have manually reset the time/date. I would have sent mine back, but it's past the date on that (Staples).

So the abridged version: It's a cheap laptop with a definite "lemon" problem that currently there is no fix for. I would not recommend this product.

Want Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7222 17.3" Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Accelerated Processor, 6 GB RAM, Discount?

Bought this laptop last week, so far so good. It was a display model at Staples, so got a good deal (I hope). The only thing I immediately noticed with this laptop is the battery life (according to the specs at the store) is WAY off. Five hours? Ummm, sorry Charlie. Try 2.5 hours and that's after fully charging it overnight. :(

Aside from that, hell it runs. I love the screen. I'm older, my eyesight is shot and this wide screen is very, very easy on my tired eyes.

Also, I'm a die-hard fan of AMD, never liked Intel processors, so I'm glad this in an AMD. As for "what it clocks out at" -who cares. It runs, it boots, it boots programs fairly quickly, I don't need greased lightning, I'm not a gamer.

I have noticed that when you pop a DVD in to watch, there's no audio coming out of the speakers. Wot up with that? Yet when I visit, say YouTube, it has audio for videos no problem. So the audio isn't booming bass, that's okay, just happy it has audio.

Prior to this, every laptop I've ever owned has been an antique that belonged in a museum, so this is a big improvement.

I don't like the fact there's no emergency re-install/wipe CD or DVD with Windows 7 included. Apparently there's some work around with a auto-partitioned drive, I'm encouraged to back it up on Toshiba's site ... whatever. If you're okay with loading all your HDD info on some site, be my guest. I'm old school. Everything gets backed up on zip/thumb drives and I have a RAID on my desktop.

* * * * *Another reviewer of a similar Toshiba model recommended killing off several of the "bloat" programs on here -unnecessary software that gets stuffed on these laptops at the factory. Somebody please advise me which programs I should uninstall??? I've already killed a few but not sure what else??? * * * * *

Overall, it works and it doesn't weigh 20 pounds.

Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment