Toshiba Satellite C655-S5049 15.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron Processor 900, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive

Toshiba Satellite C655-S5049 15.6' Laptop BlackI've had this Laptop for a week now and I love it more everyday. I was very surprised at just how fast it is. I'm the type of person that tries to do 10 things at once and I love that I can have 10 different pages open going back and forth and the Laptop zooms right alone with me. A Hugh plus in my book is the number pad, when your use to a desktop keyboard and start using a Laptop it is a wonderful feature. To be completely fair there is one flaw the built in speaker is very low, but if you use headphones it has a great sound. So, for the money this is a GREAT Laptop. I still can't believe all is has to offer for such a low price.

I got this LT at a very good price. It looks nice and has a great keyboard, but the touchpad will require "tweak to touch and taste", it has a lot of adjustment options. I was able to adjust mine for great response. This unit is fast enough for everything I've tried so far. It looks good and feels well built. However it has some surprising omissions, namely no webcam, no bluetooth, and only two USB ports! Each of these items of themselves are surprising, but all three?? This is practically unheard of these days. Also be aware that both memory slots contain 1 GB each which means you would need to get a 2 GB memory module in order to upgrade to 3 GB, etc. This unit is also somewhat noisy at times, and gets quite warm in operation. However if these items are not a problem for you then you should be quite pleased with this LT.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C655-S5049 15.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron Processor 900, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive Now

The good: 1. Very low price. During the Holidays you should be able to buy this model under $300.

2.Very clear display in a wide screen format (not always the best for web)

3. User user friendly keyboard separate number pad.

4. Good battery life. (3 hrs+)

5. Wireless-N Wi-Fi standard.

The bad: 1. Very basic model with no bells & whistles. Only 2 usb ports, no web cam, only basic (read poor) laptop sound & speakers. Lacks dedicated short cut keys.

2. Ships with 2 1-GB memory sticks. Really the minimum for Win7. $60-65 to upgrade to 4GB.

3. Mouse pad is a little quirky to setup. (I use a usb mouse so no problem EXCEPT only 2 usb ports)

4. Single-core Intel Celeron processor is just barely fast enough for Win7. Just web browsing & basic tasks can easily bring CPU to 100% usage.

5. Mine shipped with Win7 Home 64 bit. You may find that Win7 64 bit is not easily compatible with some older software. Itunes was a pain to install in 64 bit version.

Overall for the price (I paid $259 & have seen it for less on Black Friday) the Toshiba is a pleasant surprise and a decent value. If you're paying much over $320-350 I'd shop around.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C655-S5049 15.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron Processor 900, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive Here

I got this on sale at Office Depot for $400 yesterday. It works ok so far except for a few minor things. If you notice, a lot of recent laptops stopped using keys with beveled edges. The new ones are mostly flat and not as easy to type with. I think it's to cut costs. The mouse on this computer seems to be a little goofy. It will not let you keep two fingers on the mouse at the same time, it will freeze the mouse. Also the mouse seems to pause a lot and the arrow sometimes disappears for a few seconds. Also the mouse pad is offset from the center of the computer to the left side of the computer so you have to reach over with the right hand to use it. That's a little uncomfortable. I can't figure any reason why they did that. They've lowered the height of the screen by an inch so the new format is wider than previously. That again is a puzzlement to me because webpages are typically taller and narrower. But all the newer computers are doing it. It's too bad that the designers can't resist changing things all the time. My previous computer was a Compaq F700. Except for the annoying Vista, that was a great computer with a really good mouse in the right place and a comfortable screen size.

Want Toshiba Satellite C655-S5049 15.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron Processor 900, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive Discount?

I purchased this Toshiba C655-S5082 back in Nov 2010. I was at work during the day and wanted this for my GF at the time so she wouldn't get bored and could surf the net while I was away. She ran off with Satan, but the laptop stays and I'm happy that I bought it.

I will get to the cons first...

1. The speakers suck they simply aren't loud enough. I plugged in some speakers I kept from my old desktop PC and it's perfect. I can hear sound :)If you take your laptop with you often I would suggest buying some micro USB speakers to accommodate this model. Or buy a different model.

2. The pad you scroll the mouse with could be better. It's a little sloppy and not precise like many notebooks. If you use your notebook alot it might drive you a bit nuts after awhile playing line up the arrow to the destination you want to go. I bought a Logitech wireless mouse and love it, it works great with the C655-S5082.

3. 2 Gigs of memory isn't really that terrific now a days. I would bump it up to 4 gigs which is the maximum amount of memory this lappy will do. 4 gigs is plenty. Go find yourself a stick of DDR3 2gig memory. I think I paid like $25 for mine a year ago. Just look around you will find it probably for even cheaper.

Now the Pros....

Intel Celeron processor, sure it's not a Pentium but it's still an intel chip. A year or two down the road when you go to sell this if you decide to. it being " INTEL " will keep it's value up some over an AMD chip. Not saying Intel make a better chip than AMD by any means. Both pretty equal just one has better resale value or appeal. The Celeron being a cheaper processor works out good for the initial buyer.

$299 :) Any way you look at it this is a kick ass deal. I love Toshiba, in my opinion they make the best notebook computer in the business. I have owned a couple Toshiba Satellites over the years and they have impressed.

The screen is excellent > very vivid and with great color. Toshiba have some of the best displays for LCD technology LED, they are the makers. In fact they make some of the highest resolution screens for Smartphones too. The screen quality goes pretty far with me. I know all computers and notebooks are High def, so none will look bad. Toshiba just have screens down better than anyone overall on the computer side. Toshiba make an excellent television set as well. Can you tell I love Toshiba lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment