Dell Latitude D630 + Windows 7 notebook laptop computer

Dell Latitude D630 + Windows 7 notebook laptop computerUpdate: You can read the below first but I do have something to add. When I first called Tampa Laptops, I asked about the BIOS because I was having a hard time restoring and was told that there really was no need to update BIOS. The laptop was shipped with BIOS version A09 and the current versions are A17 and A18. I have been having issues with the memory giving errors in diagnostic tests therefore the performance was not so good. I read every BIOS revision and one of them dealt with the way the DELL recognizes memory so I figured before buying RAM and paying to get it installed (since it's under the keyboard), I would update the BIOS. I updated without a problem and the memory is now recognized by the system so all is well.

I was so pleased with the service and specs I received from Tampa Laptops and have changed the rating from 4 to 5.

I was looking for a reasonably priced refurbished laptop and after much research, decided on a D630. I wanted windows 7, a fast processor with lots of RAM and the ability to multitask. From my research I decided that the only place I would buy is from Tampa Laptops because they seem to be very reputable.

The laptop arrived earlier than expected and was in great condition. It also had better specs than I originally ordered. Operationally it was not working perfectly which is why I gave it only 4 stars rather than 5. The seller was great and told me to reinstall the Operating System.

I did and the D630 was and is still not working correctly. After 2 days of troubleshooting, I finally figured out that one of the RAM chips is bad. There are 2 places for RAM on this model, one on the bottom of the computer than anyone can change and one under the keyboard. The under the keyboard RAM is bad which will necessitate me having to pay someone to install the RAM since it is too big of a job for me.

So the "bargain" price I received is not as much of a bargain since I will have to pay $40 for the RAM chip and $35 to get it installed. (I have written to the seller, explained everything and asked if they will send me a good RAM chip free of charge)

And the first 2 places I called do not want to install the RAM because they have to, in essence, take the computer apart so I have to search for someone that will do it, and they will probably charge me even more.

For approximately $200 it is a GREAT buy. As the cost inches toward the $300 mark, it is simply not as good of a buy and I may have selected another model, had I known I would have encountered this issue.

When you are buying a refurb, sight unseen, there are some expenses that you will have, particularly the battery but that is expected.

I would caution you to ask the seller to replace the RAM under the keyboard before you purchase this model, even if they tell you it is good unless you are real "techy" and feel comfortable removing the keyboard and clips. I would have thought that this was automatically part of the refurb process but I guess it's not.

If you are looking for a fast computer that can handle most tasks, other than gaming, and is sturdy and reliable the Dell Latitude D630 is a good choice,

I can't install all of my programs because of the issues so I have just installed the bare basics that I need.

Even with the hiccups the system if having, it does appear to be a fairly solid computer and I'd recommend it with the precautions noted above.

Tampa Laptops has a good reputation, the tech I spoke to when I first began having issues was super nice and even though I am a bit disappointed because of the RAM issue, I still feel they did good a good job and the D630 overall is a good buy.

This was purchased from Tampa-Laptops thru Amazon; and my wife is totally delighted with this unit. Just like her old one but a big jump in hardware. This arrived quickly; and was very clean with no scratches on the screen or on the face side of the unit. It looks and performs like a brand new unit. I Highly reccommend these folks if you are looking for a new laptop.

Buy Dell Latitude D630 + Windows 7 notebook laptop computer Now

This is not so much as a product review but to show how excellent the customer service is for tampa laptops. I just want to say that I am very impressed on how professional this company is and how fast they are at responding to my needs and how fast the shipping was. I would definitely recommend Tampa Laptops to my friends and family and of course I love my Latitude D630. It is everything that I wanted and need in a laptop and the wrist rest is awesome, lol anyway I'm done

-Mel

Read Best Reviews of Dell Latitude D630 + Windows 7 notebook laptop computer Here

This was originally a top shelf laptop by Dell. With the refurb by Tampa Laptops it is again. High quality upgrades. Great value. Brand new appearance and function. Very well packaged and shipped. Definitely made my 12 year old daughter happy.

Want Dell Latitude D630 + Windows 7 notebook laptop computer Discount?

even though nobody said the battery was totally dead, the computer works real well, it was worth the price i paid

0 comments:

Post a Comment