Sony VAIO VGN-CS215J/R 14.1-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB

Sony VAIO VGN-CS215J/R 14.1-Inch Laptop RedFirst off let me say I have had a inspiron 8600 Dell for at least 8yrs and its still alive and kicking and still has all my life's files on it (pics, movies, word docs, music etc..) all within a 60gb harddrive. I did however run into a system problem with the cpu beeping and shutting down the computer a couple times which lead me to research into a new laptop.

Now the review. It came down to (after months of research on Core 2 Duo's) the Sony Vaio (which the GF wanted for the fact that it came in white), and my pick again after research the Toshiba Satellite special edition which when compared to the Vaio only differs with the graphics card and bluetooth.

I opted for the Sony Vaio (which by the way is cheaper at your local...Fill in the blank major electronic store). I will say its partly due to the GF's white preference, but don't stop reading here and think its all due to that i did want good, no great specs and not want to buy another computer for at least another 5yrs.

I read many mixed reviews, and i personally got nervous. I wanted a great computer and always have been an XP person. So vista and only having a Dell made this a big purchase. Well i couldn't be happier. The computer is fast as hell, especially through Ethernet (haven't had the time yet to go get a N wireless router which i am excited about) and Vista is surprisingly fun to use. Searching for files etc. is really the only difference I have encountered. I love the 3D window scroll, and I love the new Windows Media experience with MSN live everything (TV, Music, Movies).

People have spoke about bloatware, I don't think there was alot on here to be honest. I am currently using Vaio care, and windows live one (for virus protection). I am also using the preview version of office 2007. Other than that i don't see much on here that's a problem or runs the computer slower. I have disabled the updates after i did all of them so that helps too. The battery isn't bad. On the Vaio power scheme i have it set to balanced and it lasts around 2hrs and 11mins. You can however set the power to max batter which helps it extend to 3hrs, or you can set it to max performance which speeds the computer itself up to max tasks, and windows being opened. I've had at least 10 windows up before and no lag what so ever using balanced power.

The webcam is really cool and makes me laugh at the Mac users who paid $12+ for basically the same computer. The software included can do all kinds of fun things with your image as well as let you record videos.

The keyboard is slick and very easy to type. Easier than my Dell which i find was alot more clacky than this. The touch pad is generic and the touch media controls well i haven't had much use for them but as i have played around with them although cool and different can be sensitive especially the volume (i use the icon to change the volume). The speakers are good, sometimes programs made for dolby make them sound incredible while other at times sound low (it might have to do with the program and dolby compatibility.)

Overall I am very please, everything that i need to do (internet, work with office docs, and pics & music) it does very well. There are some features i have yet to explore but this is a very solid computer and worth the money. Don't waste your time with those watered down netbooks or low priced asus computers with no specs to them. Get a laptop that has what you need in it and more, it will save you the trouble later on.

I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 because of the lower end graphics card (which hasn't been a problem just wish for future things it had the better card) and lack of HDMI (has vga instead). Other than that its a solid notebook that makes a great replacement to my old Dell.

I spent MONTHS researching HP, Dell, Macs, etc. trying to find the perfect laptop. I am heading to college in the fall and really need something easy to use, but also advanced enough that it has all the features I will be needing. I heard negative comments for each of those brands, ranging from horrifically loud fan to a glare that prevents outdoor use to way to pricey for the product, respectively. Consequently, I had NO idea what to do. Then someone suggested looking into Sony and THANK GOD I DID!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LAPTOP!! It's a perfect size, red is the perfect color (I had my doubts about it being too red, but it really is gorgeous), it works fantastically, the keyboard flows so well, it's fast, it's efficient, it was relatively cheap compared to others...it's perfect!!! Overall I would suggest this product to anyone!!!

Buy Sony VAIO VGN-CS215J/R 14.1-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB Now

Made purchase back in February 2009 and very much liking this little Sony, so far. This has fast processing with the 64 Bit T6400 Duo Core 2, 4 GB RAM, and better than average graphics for on board Intel graphics. I'm not a gamer, so can't say in that regard, but for news clips, movies, music video, and MLB live/real-time feed, the graphics provide a good TV quality images on cable ISP. The included useful Sony software makes the purchase all the more attractive. I installed MS Office Small Business 2007 with no problems. A nice machine that has proven to be all I wanted for a travel computer. Would definitely recommend.

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO VGN-CS215J/R 14.1-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB Here

this one's a great laptop and was bought after much deliberation and research. let me put this in one word "Great". i have had this laptop for a month now and its been performing awesome.

Looksit looks pretty (for people who love pink this is a god send)

Sleek and fast no wonder cuz it has a 4 GB RAM hence at 824 this is a bargain (when i bought it this was around 950 ).i have always worked on XP so the new Vista takes a little time getting used to. but its good and different. the laptop on its own is amazingly fast and the keyboard is fun to work with. it has increased my typing speed :)

will keep you guys posted on how well its functioning after another month or so of use.

Want Sony VAIO VGN-CS215J/R 14.1-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB Discount?

I bought this computer in August for college..initially, I loved it. The appearance is perfect; however, the quality is poor. Approximately two months after purchasing, my screen would randomly turn black and my computer wouldn't turn back on. After speaking with customer service several times, we finally fixed this problem. Recently, I took my laptop back to the Geek Squad at Best Buy to tell them about the terribly loud noises that it makes. They kept my laptop for a week, then said that they heard the "jet engine sound" it was making, but that it was normal. I'm sorry, but if my roommate can hear my computer roaring from across the room then it shouldn't be normal. The noises are incredibly annoying and I find it hard to concentrate on what I'm doing...also, I have to restart often. I definitely would not recommend this computer. I have had it for 7 months, and have had problems for the past 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment