Toshiba Mobile Satellite M505-S4947 14.0-Inch Laptop - Black/Silver

Toshiba Mobile Satellite M505-S4947 14.0-Inch Laptop - Black/SilverHave been shopping for a new laptop for a while and decided to choose this instead of the A500. It costs a couple hundred more but has all the features that I need and want. The big selling point for me is the modern and sleek style. It is beautiful to look at and not chunky like the A500 with the extra number key pad that I do not use. Greater mobility with the 14" backlit led HD screen and a better Intel Core2 duo P7350 processor. The 400 GB hard drive that I can carry everywhere and no need to bring an extra storage device. The build in 3D sensing is a plus so if you drop your labtop the hard drive is protected. The backlit keyboard is really cool and the touchpad also have multi-function. The touchpad looks small but it is the same size as my 14" IBM thinkpad T43 so it works okay with me. The multi-function touchpad is easy to use and you seldom need to use the click bottom. All you need is slightly move your fingers across the touchpad and slightly tab on the touchpad instead of clicking the left button. It also come with the extra 12 cell battery for extended use compare to the standard 6 cell and it does not extend outside the labtop like others. The harman kardon speakers is also a great value and sounds great. All these worth the extra couple of hundred dollars. I tried to customize the same build at toshiba and it cost a lot more than this and Amazon ship free and tax free and no recycling charge so it is a very good buy. The fingerprints and dirt is easy to see and clean with a wipe after each use and it is not that bad to keep your labtop sanitize especially if you have multiple users to spread germs around.

The labtop come with a few bloatware and easy to remove using windows uninstaller. Would recommend to install a good registry cleaner and defragmenter free ware to optimze your labtop after the uninstall. The Window Vista Premium 64 bit is easy to use bur in my opinion still runs slow even with the 4 GB of ram and the newer Intel processors. You definitely need to remove the extra bloatware to lighten the load. I am looking forward to the free upgrade to Window 7 to make this work better. The RAM is expandable to 8GB so it is a plus for upgrade when the RAM gets cheaper in the future. I just upgraded and double the RAM of my 4 year old IBM thinkpad and it runs a lot faster than before with Window XP Pro.

I highly recommend this Toshiba mobile labtop for good looks, mobility and usability in this price range. It does not come with bluetooth but I am planning to get a bluetooth adaptor and it is very inexpensive. Overall, I am very happy with this labtop. I am glad I got this last week because I saw the price increase already.

I did a lot of research on different brands and configurations. I was all set to buy a Toshiba (with an ugly chasis) for its functionality at a big box store when I came to Amazon. This laptop had all the configurations I was looking for at the same price. My only complaint is that I wish it had more usb ports and built in blue tooth. But I added a usb blue tooth dongle and it works fine (other than tying up one of my limited usb ports). The biggest feature for me was that it came standard with a 12 cell battery. Lifts up the back just slightly but actually makes the unit easier to type on because of the angle.

Fast shipping, secure packing, and overall great value for the money I spent. Thanks!

Buy Toshiba Mobile Satellite M505-S4947 14.0-Inch Laptop - Black/Silver Now

I was very dissapointed that the battery life was not as advertised. It was advertised in all the stores to have a battery life of 8 hours. When I called Toshiba, They said they were not responsible for that advertisement. After fully charging the battery I get a little over 5 hours of battery life instead of 8 hours. When I told the toshiba representative I wanted to return the product and get my money back he said he would have somebody call me to arrange this. He took down my number but nobody ever called.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Mobile Satellite M505-S4947 14.0-Inch Laptop - Black/Silver Here

This a horrible laptop for what they charge for it. And I am not the only one who has had issues. In the f'rst year of own'ng the (brand new) laptop, I had to send 't 'n for repa'rs tw'ce, and 't was gone for more than two months. The f'rst t'me was w'th the f'rst month of ownersh'p, and 'nstead of g'v'ng me a new laptop (wh'ch 's what ' pa'd for), one month later, they sent me a refurb'shed one (wh'ch 's s'gn'f'cantly less expens've).

I have owned the Satell'te laptop for just over two years now and have had to have the hard dr've repa'red FOUR t'mes. And each t'me talk'ng to customer serv'ce 's about as helpful as talk'ng to a recorded vo'ce.

Bad Technology AND Bad Customer Serv'ce. Why would anyone buy th's when the market 's full of many other opt'ons. Check those out f'rst.

Want Toshiba Mobile Satellite M505-S4947 14.0-Inch Laptop - Black/Silver Discount?

I've bought 2 of these. One runs without any problems and one gave me problems with booting. I suspect it has to do with the memory. If possible, order the unt with 4MB memory. It has a great suite of software and can be used easily at home and at work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment