Sony 15.5" VAIO VPCEB15FM/T Laptop 4GB Notebook 500GB Computer PC

Sony 15.5' VAIO VPCEB15FM/T Laptop 4GB Notebook 500GB Computer PCI was a desktop owner for over 6 years. This is my first laptop, but I did a lot of research before deciding on this one and I am overall very happy with the purchase.

I really love the new processor, is is very quiet and the laptop is much cooler, although I still use a cooling fan and recommend one. The keyboard is flat and quiet, but is prone to trapped dust and particles and super hard to clean, so don't eat or take this around food. I recommend the specially made for this laptop silicone keyboard covers, Sony offers them in a variety of nice colors including matching mouse covers for Sony mouses only. Another great feature is the blu-ray player, and lit LCD screen, I wish they would have included a light up keyboard and fingerprint pass-code device. The laptop itself is lightweight, sleek and shiny, but the attractive finish is also very prone to fingerprints and beware! don't wipe with any alcohol as it will damage the finish.

Windows 7 is a great improvement, I love the convenient and much faster start search tool and the customization options are wide (important for a artist and visual person like myself), but there is still a whole lot of room for improvement as far as security issues are concerned.

Positive+

Intel i3 Core processor

500GB/4GB space

Bright, light up LCD screen

Energy Star approved

Blu Ray player

Sleek and lightweight

Keyboard and mouse customization options

Windows 7

Negative-

Although it's much cooler than all my friends laptops, it still requires a fan

Very much prone to fingerprints on exterior and screen, use only cloth to wipe

No outer volume buttons/controls

3, not 4 usb spaces

Keyboard prone to trap small particle

No light up keyboard

No fingerprint password logon

I did alot of research before purchasing this laptop! I determined that I would buy this one and I have to say, I think I made a wise decision.Almost everything about this computer exceeded my expectations. The Windows 7 is really awesome. I also like the built in WEBCAM and the BLU-RAY features. Definitely deserves a 5 Star Rating to me.

Buy Sony 15.5" VAIO VPCEB15FM/T Laptop 4GB Notebook 500GB Computer PC Now

I originally posted a positive review about this product. I must have been out of my mind....

While I do like a lot of things about this PC, it has had a couple of very specific issues from the day I purchased it, and they just don't seem to be abating.

I thought I could live with them, but, I think I've just about had it with the problems I'm experiencing. After getting fed up today, I decided to check out the forums on Sony's website to see if there were others with similar issues. It doesn't seem like there is much of a community there, which I take to mean that not many people buy their products, at least computer products. The other thing I noticed was that everyone that did manage to post, was either blown off by the "support," or was told to follow the same sorts of ridiculously useless procedures again and again, even when they had clearly stated that they'd already attempted such measures. Overall, it seemed like most people were a bit miserable and didn't have good results with Sony support. So, I guess I can expect the same thing, when I put the call in soon to make the complaint about my laptop.

First off, there is some sort of problem with the touch-pad having a bit of a mind of its own, and it does this frequently and at random. Others have complained about the same exact issue, even with different models of laptops. This certainly did bother me for a while, and another reviewer, for a similar laptop on Amazon, posted his thoughts on the issue because he's experiencing the same thing. In my case, this doesn't bother me so much anymore because I run all external equipment, keyboard, mouse, displays, and speakers. Everything is wired in, and everything is quality. I've never had problems with any of my other devices.

That said, the issue that is driving me crazy, I can't quite put my finger on. I'm not much of a computer guy, so I won't try to diagnose it. In any case, it's completely arbitrary and random, and has happened ever since I first got the thing, with or without devices, running many or few programs, etc. It happens every single day, multiple times a day, and sometimes continuously. What I'm talking about is almost a "stutter" or a slight hesitation for very brief but ongoing periods. Everything will freeze for just a few seconds, and then come back and be fine. My cursor will freeze and I won't be able to do anything. If I'm playing music, it'll stutter for the same period. Then, just as if nothing ever happened, it snaps back to normal. It might happen a few times in a day, or it might happen over and over again. Today was one of those "over and over again" days, which is why I decided I'd had enough, posted about the problem on the Sony forums, decided to change my review to warn others, and plan to call support and raise hell. Granted, my machine is only 5 months old, and I've taken exceptional care of it. But, honestly, my laptop from last year, an HP, out-performs this one, and it's got a crack in it, due to a body slam I proceeded to give my luggage (containing it) when I missed a flight....

By the way, I didn't by it from Amazon, so this in no way reflects Amazon quality assurance, their customer service, or any of the sellers selling it. However, I only wish I had, because I could have just returned the thing right way without a hassle. Instead, I bought it from some retail store because I was in a jam, out of state, and had fried my keyboard to my HP. It was on sale, and seemed like good value, and I needed something ASAP. However, I've since replaced the keyboard on my HP for ~$20!!! I only wish I'd known, I might have waited. And as I said, my HP of old handles more than this thing can manage. It also doesn't have any idiosyncrasies like this machine does.

In my opinion, look elsewhere for your computing needs.

I will update though, once I get done dealing with Sony support. (Also, I don't know if I mentioned, but this thing is currently ~5 months old at this time of writing, 12/1/2010.)

Read Best Reviews of Sony 15.5" VAIO VPCEB15FM/T Laptop 4GB Notebook 500GB Computer PC Here

I purchased this laptop through The Goodguys. No one, including The Geek Squad, could give me enough information with which to make an informed decision, so I read reviews online. I selected the Sony VPCEB15FM. It was rated highly. I got my new laptop home, only to find the mousepad randomly moves my cursor all over the screen while I'm trying to type. This is VERY annoying. So I sent the laptop to Sony to have the problem addressed. They sent it back with a new hard drive and optical drive. The cursor problem, however, was still occurring. All I wanted to know was how I might disable the mousepad. Afterward, Sony said I'd have to spend another $99 to "diagnose" my computers problems. Gosh! Didn't I JUST send them my laptop for a diagnosis and repair? Apparently, they didn't think so. My computer still has the same problem, the warranty is expired and now Sony says it's not their problem. All this after they brag about their "excellent customer service". I own several Sony products which have served me well, until this piece of garbage, boat anchor of a laptop.

If you don't use your laptop for writing with the keyboard then this isn't a bad unit. But if you intend to write with your laptop... Forget about it!

So thank you,Sony, for being disingenuous with regard to your products and service policy, or lack thereof. I will NEVER buy another Sony product, due to the convoluted view of what Sony refers to as "customer service". They apparently have no concept of what those two words mean, unless "service" is a metaphor.

Want Sony 15.5" VAIO VPCEB15FM/T Laptop 4GB Notebook 500GB Computer PC Discount?

i just got it so it works fine so far, it looks better than it did in pictures. i updated as time goes by

0 comments:

Post a Comment