Dell Inspiron 15R i15RN5110-7223DBK 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1Ghz, 6GB DDR3 Memory,

Dell Inspiron 15R i15RN5110-7223DBK 15.6-Inch Laptop  Diamond BlackI purchase this laptop 3 weeks ago, it fail on the 12th day, I call Dell to validate the waranty and they told me that only have waranty and tech support on software or windows problems, the laptop motherboard was defective and the hard drive, they refuse to change my laptop and told me they only give 10 days to tested and change parts or give replacement within those days, besisdes the call center is awful.

Thanks Amazon and their return policy, I hope to get a refund and buy another brand, Dell is very dissapointing.

Beware do not buy Dell.

I ordered this laptop to replace an older Dell Inspiron I had that worked very well and I had a good experience with. As stated in the title at first it was great; fast, it ran Star Trek Online and Fallout: New Vegas on medium settings with no problems. After completing some Windows updates it wouldn't wake up from hibernation. I reset the computer and it never rebooted, it would stop at the Windows loading screen every time.

I sent it to Dell to see if they could fix it, they did......sort of. After taking out of the box fresh back from the Dell repair shop, it booted very fast like the first time and then thirty minutes later the touch pad died. Just died. Luckily, I had wireless mouse on hand and after looking around on the system for awhile I found that the computer no longer recognized that the touch pad existed at all. I went to the Dell support home page and found the drivers for the touch pad, they wouldn't take. I installed them and nothing the touch pad is still dead.

Dell wanted me to send it back to them so they could fix it again, no thanks I said. Amazon however agreed to give me a full refund after talking to them for about 20 minutes. Great customer support. So now I'm waiting for the refund and will be buying a new laptop from a different company.

Buy Dell Inspiron 15R i15RN5110-7223DBK 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1Ghz, 6GB DDR3 Memory, Now

When I first unpacked this and set it up I was very excited the machine itself is solid and functional, screen is great, keyboard quite good for a laptop. However, two sets of issues have presented sufficient frustration that I don't think I will ever again buy a Dell product.

The first to appear is the huge amount of preloaded software, some of which is very difficult to get rid of. Central in annoyance is the row of huge tiles across the center of the screen for quick access to all the stuff I will never ever use, totally blocks the screen until you find the little "x" to get rid of it until next time. I probably spent 3 hours figuring out how to make it go away permanently.

I don't know if it's Dell or the new version of windows, but it is all but impossible to get rid of those silly useless little logo tiles and again it took several hours even to figure out how to control them. Documentation is seriously crappy, and there is no support.

I use a wireless transmitter so I can listen to Pandora, as well as to the music I have stored on my hard drive and play them on my stereo in the other room. Almost every time I want to use the transmitter for Pandora, I have to configure the machine to send the signal out through the wireless instead of to the built in speakers (which are tinny, good for nothing beyond talking on Skype). Again documentation is crappy; the little pictures on the devices menu say it is hooked up and running, and it takes an hour or longer to figure out how to get it to work. Often I have to play something through RealPlayer (which for some reason does go to the transmitter) then I turn off RealPlayer and, like magic, Pandora comes out of the living room speakers. But next time I turn it on, it's through the tinny little built-ins again and I have to go through the whole routine all over again.

I bought a wireless printer with the package. Same problem the cute little pictures say it is "ready" but when I print the job goes to a file, not to the printer. Every time I want to print something, it takes an hour or longer to figure out how to get the printer to work I often have to go through the entire setup again.

I've had this machine for over a month, have wasted probably 20 hours trying to iron out the bugs, and it still isn't working right, and Dell offers absolutely no support.

The menu of little pictures they have in place of the former detailed system menu is worthless. Very few options, almost none of what you need in order to get rid of the cutesy crap and clutter or make the peripherals work.

Great engineering, terrible software and interfaces, almost no documentation, help menu worthless, and far too much pre-loaded junk. This is the 4th Dell machine I've bought and the last.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron 15R i15RN5110-7223DBK 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1Ghz, 6GB DDR3 Memory, Here

If Amazon would permit a post with ZERO stars, that is the rating I would give.

This machine has now eaten up four (4) months of my office time and $$ in computer restoration. Dell has had me return it 3 times in the past 4 months, commencing in month 6 of my ownership (brand new from Costco). It does not work, at all, the hard drive and motherboard have been replaced; the techs verbally assured us memory had been replaced although this doesn't show in Dell's internal records. It doeds not finish booting up, it turns itself off (except the power button remains lit up in white, and the internal "guts" keep whirring, so it cannot be turned off except by removing the electric plug as well as the battery.

The Dell floor supervisor in Tech support just informed me that since I've "Owned" it almost a year now they cannot replace it. WTF? I've "owned" it 6 months, and it's been in Dell's hands during the last 4 months while Dell keeps NOT repairing it. I've owned laptops, and this baby is nothing but a very expensive paperweight. DO NOT PURCHASE IT!! You have been warned. I will NEVER again purchase any DELL product; in each call for support we are tossed around through at least 3 departments. Just today, whilst typing this, I am now on the phone 56 minutes, awaiting department #3. Now a second "floor supervisor" who "just wants to help me" is sending me "up two levels" to another department via "escalation", saying that "Corporate Team" may be able to replace my machine.

Wait time, and this is the shortest Dell call to date these past 4 months, is now officially over an hour.

Think Dell looked at my location and realized that shipping me another substandard "refurbished" machine would be cheaper than sending a tech to fix a laptop which obviously is not capable of being repaired.......at least not at the hands of its manufacturer. What a bad, bad, bad joke.

Want Dell Inspiron 15R i15RN5110-7223DBK 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1Ghz, 6GB DDR3 Memory, Discount?

I've always bought Dell computers because they seem to have a better support system and reliability history than most other brands. I was right about that part--Dell tech support have been very good lately about responding to calls and emails and fixing whatever is wrong. Despite that, I only bought this laptop 7 months ago, and I wasn't expecting to have any type of problem with it for a few years.

So what do I like about it?

-The keys are very responsive to touch.

-It isn't too heavy to lug around.

-The size of screen is just about right for the writing work I do.

-It has plenty of memory for my docs.

-It's fast.

-It's starts up and restarts quickly.

-The battery lasts a few hours so I can leave the house and expect it to work for a while.

What's not to like?

-After a few months it started to not come on at all. I was instructed to take the battery out and put it back in, sort of like those pathetic calls you make to your phone company and they tell you to do things that will not fix the long-term problem. Wisdom prevailed, though, and a guy came to the house and fixed it.

-Occasionally every single window I have open will start spazzing out on me, flashing up and down before my eyes, sort of like when you open the wrong URL and all the pop-up windows start to display content you never want to see again and you can't close them all fast enough. It won't let me close each window; I have to shut down the computer with all the windows open and start over.

-Sometimes the sound and display settings will show up on the screen and won't go away so you have to have a Skype session with the setting box to the side.

-The sound system is terrible. I didn't care about the sound to begin with because I never really listen to music on this, but the speakers are underneath so it comes out sounding far less than clear.

-The keys are so sensitive that you could tip one accidentally and it will move your tracker to some other place on your document, so you go back to typing and don't realize you're typing two paragraphs up. This is a very persistent problem and drives me crazy.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend buying this particular model.

0 comments:

Post a Comment