Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5537 15.6 -Inch Laptop (Black)

Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5537 15.6 -Inch LaptopI bought my Toshiba laptop almost three years ago. It's been great. My husband and I both use it as our primary computer and move it all over our house. I know it's gotten bumped and jostled a lot but it works perfectly. This computer is fast and user friendly. As a banker I love the 10 key option. The computer itself is easy to carry although not the lightest computer I've ever held. It's also comfortable to type on unlike other laptops I've owned and the keyboard is almost as large as a standard keyboard. The screen is large and the picture quality is great I watch a lot of instant videos on my laptop and they always come through really well. This computer has already lasted much longer than both Dell and HP computers that I paid twice as much for. I could upgrade but this computer works so well I have no desire to. I'm planning on buying my husband one for his birthday and I know my next computer will eventually be a Toshiba too. I've never had a laptop I actually loved before. This one is just awesome and so reasonably priced!

I bought my C655D a few months ago at a local store when it was on sale. Even though the 2GB memory is not a lot, it's enough for my needs! I use it daily for watching streaming videos, a few times a week DVDs, and I also use it to surf the web and use Word and Excel. For web surfing I use it to participate in Amazon's Vine program. The laptop is fast enough, and thanks to IE9, I've been able to consistently log on quickly and request stuff I'm interested in trying out. I'm typing this review on the comforable keyboard. I find the C655D a good inexpensive laptop that's much faster than a netbook which costs about the same or even more. The screen is big and bright and it's nice to have a numeric keypad! Currently I have 5 tabs open in IE9, Word 2010 open, Windows Live Mesh and Messenger running in the background, I also have WMP 12 open but paused on a streaming video, and I just downloaded LastPass in the background. The C655D feels fast and responsive all this time! For virus and spyware protection, I use the lean and mean and highly effective Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free for all Win7 and Vista users. (XP users can get the free Windows Defender, also from Microsoft.)

Buy Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5537 15.6 -Inch Laptop (Black) Now

Computer is lightweight and very easy to use. Power consumption is resonable as well as battery life.

Cost is very affordable

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5537 15.6 -Inch Laptop (Black) Here

Windows 7 license was pirated or already used. Sent laptop back. Recieved full credit. Toshiba support was really bad. I'll never buy this brand again!

Want Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5537 15.6 -Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

I owned a previous version of this computer which I really liked. The first thing you need to know is that this computer requires a fairly unique power source so if you want to order extra power cables, it is going to be a pain and expensive. The computer itself has a long lasting battery, is fast, and has beautiful graphics.

I love the light up keyboard but do not get any liquids anywhere close to it. You should consider investing in a keyboard cover since even a fraction of a drop of liquid can short out the keyboard.

Now for the downside, the computer bluescreens constantly. There is some kind of a change to the software from its previous incarnation that interacts badly with something I have loaded and causes constant bluescreens. I have fairly basic software. The longest I have gone without blue screening is three weeks. However, mostly it blue screens multiple times in a day. I have reloaded the operating system twice and I have had the computer into an authorized Toshiba repair shop multiple times and I still have the problem. This is a deal breaker for me and I have reverted to using my old computer.

Therefore, I give it two stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment