Toshiba Portege R835-P55X Laptop with Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz processor, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz memo

Toshiba Portege R835-P55X Laptop with Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz processor, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz memory, 640GB HDD, 13.3' widescreen with Intel Wireless Display Technology, DVD-SuperMulti drive, HDMI output port, Windows 7 Home PremiumI bought this computer a year ago for college and did not see a single computer at college that I would rather have (for the price). I love the super-small, lightweight design. I can carry it in a backpack and the backpack feels empty. It is easy to carry around campus and use anywhere I want. The battery consistently lasts over 5 hours--more if I make an effort to use less battery with toshiba's eco setting. It is plenty fast for me and does all I need.

There are a few things I don't like about it. I wish the keys were backlit. I have trouble typing in a dark room (I'm not a very good typist though) unless I turn the screen brightness up all the way. The keyboard is small, but easily usable once you get used to it. The screen is a terrible glossy finish and it's nearly impossible to see in direct sunlight. In Adobe Photoshop CS6, there are a couple features that cannot be used with Toshiba's graphic processor, but it does ALMOST everything I want. These are all little complaints, and, as you can tell, they did not even warrant a loss of a star on the review from me.

If you want a portable, light computer that can do almost anything you ask of it, you will not be disappointed with this laptop. I highly recommend it.

Edit: Found out how to use touchpad's multitouch gestures. Very handy.

I got this laptop through the Microsoft store because they were offering a student discount. I bought this laptop for %719.99 plus tax. So far it has topped my previous laptop, the Sony Vaio VGN RW. I honestly thing that for the price it tops even the macbook pro's. The Toshiba has the core i5 with amazing battery life and portability.

The only drawbacks is that the speakers aren't that impressive but other than that it has performed well beyond expectations. I highly recommend this laptop for those who save a bit of money but still have the functionality of a macbook.

Buy Toshiba Portege R835-P55X Laptop with Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz processor, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz memo Now

I hate that I have to return the Toshiba Portege R835-P55X back to Microsoft. I love the size, the weight, the power, and the silence of the fan while doing regular computing. The reason I have to return it is because when I play flash-based games, it slows to a crawl, the fan gets very loud, and it heats up to dangerous temperatures. I checked the temps one time and my digital thermometer read 145 degrees. Thank goodness it wasn't on my lap. The only other complaint I have is the keyboard is a little hard to use. The keys are very slick and need a bit more pressure to depress. I use my nails to type so this wasn't a pleasant experience for me.

For others contemplating this model or other R835's from various sources, I would recommend it as long as the problems I experienced were just because of my defective machine.

Barring the defects:

PROS (in addition to the above-mentioned):

* Fast start-up from sleep

* Hot USB so can charge items even when the computer is off

* Plays HD videos very well

* Long battery life (however, didn't get close to 9 hours, maybe 6)

* Easy access "Eco" button to switch between power saving or max power

CONS:

* Keyboard

* No visual for volume up/down

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Portege R835-P55X Laptop with Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz processor, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz memo Here

I like the appearance most, metal and decent.

Of course superlight and easy to carry.

battery lasts at 5 hours at regular use.

And quick reaction, large drive space.

Screen a little small to some people though.

Want Toshiba Portege R835-P55X Laptop with Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz processor, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz memo Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment