Sony Silvery White 15.5" VAIO VPCEB11FM/WI Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 320GB Computer PC

Sony Silvery White 15.5' VAIO VPCEB11FM/WI Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 320GB Computer PCI bought this laptop at Best Buy in May of 2010. It worked fine until June of 2011 when it started running very slow and then last week I started getting a Windows alert that "SMART failure predicted on hard disk and to replace hard disk asap!" This was when I realized that no recovery disks came with the computer so I created my own. Then we bought a new hard disk installed it and tried to install recovery disks. Still not sure what the problem is but the recovery disk did not restore completely so now I have to order recovery disks from Sony. You would think having to spend $850 for a laptop that it would last longer than 1 year????????

This laptop has been pretty good to me, use it with 32-bit Fedora and Windows 7. Computer feels very stable and fast, overall very happy with it and would recommend. Only a couple small gripes:

-Headphone plug on front so plugging in speakers runs a cord around the front

-Static shock sometimes on space near trackpad, very annoying

-USB ports don't have nice feel to them, but they work

Very good screen quality, no driver or hardware issues as of yet. Happy with purchase (got from eLayaway.com).

Buy Sony Silvery White 15.5" VAIO VPCEB11FM/WI Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 320GB Computer PC Now

I've had this laptop for about 8 months and I find myself doing maintenance on it every other day it seems. Didn't experienced these problems with Apple, Dell or Toshiba.

*Have issues with the optical drive from time to time.

*Hard drive has become somewhat noisy which makes me believe it doesn't have much time left.

*Can't let it go to sleep or hibernate without it crashing.

Read Best Reviews of Sony Silvery White 15.5" VAIO VPCEB11FM/WI Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 320GB Computer PC Here

I bought mine in 2010, and at first it looked pretty good. But as time went by, it started getting slower and slower, with occasional freezing (at the point where I needed to press & hold power button in order to reboot). And I have not installed *any* games whatsoever, nor CAD / heavy rendering software. I've always just used it to surf the web and run torrent client software. It does not have bluetooth, which I kind of miss. It comes with Vaio's "web button", which I never used because it basically sucks. You always end up willing to use other applications when powering on your computer.

Want Sony Silvery White 15.5" VAIO VPCEB11FM/WI Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 320GB Computer PC Discount?

I'm going to start by saying I use this computer for school, sometimes for gaming, and just for general use.

It seemed like a good computer when I first got it, thought I would try the Intel Core series. The processor was bad. My single core AMD Athlon in my PC is better than this. Not impressed at all. The hard drive? went through 4 of them while it was under the 1 year warranty. After the warranty was up, I purchased an SSD to replace the bad hard drive. I discovered when taking out the old hard drive that sony put in some used P.O.S. hard drive with a repair sticker having someone else's name on it. That really p*ssed me off. It ran good after putting the SSD in, but after about 2 years it would start to blue screen randomly. Not sure what was causing that.. I reinstalled Windows 7, and shortly after that, the screen stopped working. Also, throughout the years, the paint started wearing off everywhere. The computer looks terrible right now. Thats when I gave up and bought an HP EliteBook 6930P. So far, I'm impressed. Great, fast laptop, gets great battery life, incredibly fast, amazing graphics, and one of the most durable laptops I have ever used.

0 comments:

Post a Comment