Acer Aspire V3-771G-9441 17.3-Inch Laptop (Nightfall Gray)

Acer Aspire V3-771G-9441 17.3-Inch LaptopI am a fan of smaller laptops if you plan to actually carry them around. This is a pretty good sized machine, but I wanted it to use in place of a Desktop system, so it will seldom move from the top of my computer table. The screen is great -very, very clear at 1920x1080 native resolution. I actually run it with a second, 24" monitor connected, and it has no problem with the dual monitor setup.

While not a barn-burner, it is pretty fast. The experience index numbers are: Processor, 7.8, Memory. 7.8, Desktop Graphics, 5.8, Gaming Graphics, 6.7, and Primary HDD, 5.9. It also doesn't get hot at all -very cool running. The reason for two graphics scores is because it has two graphics controllers. It uses the IBM controller for most applications, and switches to the Nvidia for games and other more graphics intensive software.

We actually bought two of these. My wife uses here for Photoshop, Lightroom, Office, and also plays World of Warcraft. She says it is plenty fast for WOW, and the graphics are very smooth. When not playing games, we both tend to have a lot of programs open at once. We both teach college, and when we are working on class stuff it is common to have Word and several browser windows open at once. If I am doing research, I may have as many as a dozen sources open in browser windows. It handles this with no issues. I teach photography, and do professional work as well, so it would be common for me to have Adobe Lightroom open and also have a dozen or so photos open in Photoshop at the same time. These are 18 MP photos, so they aren't small files. Again, it keeps up with no issues.

All in all, we are very happy with these Laptops. To make it better, we bought them before the price went up a couple of hundred dollars, but they are still an excellent computer at the current price.

My last laptop was an Acer Aspire 7741G-7017. I loved it! We were burglarized and my laptop was stolen. Despite having the Serial number and everything, we never recovered my previous laptop. I was debating between this model and the 1199 model. After a lot of thought, we purchased this one. I love the screen. It's got great viewing angles, full 1080 HD, and is a vast improvement from the last one I had. The laptop comes with 8 GB RAM and can be upgraded to 16 GB. It also has Dual Hard Drive support. I don't regret my decision at all.

Buy Acer Aspire V3-771G-9441 17.3-Inch Laptop (Nightfall Gray) Now

This really gives a lot of bang for the buck! Great, clear screen (not glossy, 1080 hd). VERY very fast at everything you throw at it. I recommend investing in a SSD to run Windows and other select programs from and using the 1TB drive for storage of everything else (and for the installation of programs that don't need SSD performance, like utilities and such, reserving SSD space for games or other high performance apps.) I had a 120 SSD waiting to be installed as soon as mine came in and it makes it really REALLY fast! I also recommend looking into a 9 cell battery as the standard 6 cell that comes with it does not last very long (maybe 2-4 hours with normal browsing.)

People have gripped about Windows 8, which I can understand. There is a bit of a learning curve to it, and until you get the hang of it, it is rather frustrating. However, once you do get used to it, it's really not all that bad. I will not let any grumbles about Win8 discredit the great laptop though.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the laptop. I bought it to Skype and keep in touch with family, but also to give me great gaming performance, which it definitely does! I am able to load a game of Civilization 5 in about 30-40 seconds, which is absolutely incredible to me.

EDIT: I am unfortunately reducing the rating by one star. Don't get me wrong, this laptop is AWESOME, but there are a couple oversights that would have completed the package.

First, in my opinion, any laptop of this caliber should be shipped with a 9 cell battery instead of a standard 6 cell. I have a 17.3" HP LA laptop that shipped with a 9 cell and the battery life was much much longer. I know battery life is specific to each laptop, but when you're running a laptop with a V8 engine in it, you are going to want a larger "gas tank" to hold the extra fuel you are going to need (or else you run the risk of being stranded somewhere.) I know you can but a 9 cell for it, but it really should come with it.

Second, with a full 1080 HD display, it's a true shame that it doesn't come with a blu-ray drive, but rather just a DVD drive. Huge loss of potential without having to fork out more money for a blu-ray drive.

I'd still recommend this laptop to anyone who isn't looking for something that is portability focused. Everything that it runs is practically instantaneous.

Read Best Reviews of Acer Aspire V3-771G-9441 17.3-Inch Laptop (Nightfall Gray) Here

Only problem, no backlight on the keyboard or indicator light for caps lock and such. But other than that this is a beast of a rig. if this build can't handle what you throw at it...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LAPTOP, DOING A SPEED RUN OF THE HUMAN GENOME PROJECT ON YOUR FLIGHT TO DALLAS?!! This has plenty of juice to do many things. If you have the cash look into this laptop.

Want Acer Aspire V3-771G-9441 17.3-Inch Laptop (Nightfall Gray) Discount?

I have come to trust Asus and Acer as leaders in well priced equivalent hardware for the money. I am thoroughly impressed with this laptop, great features and very functional. The one downside in my opinion is the lack of an OS install CD so it seems a re installation of the OS is not possible without purchasing another copy of windows. Outside of that it is truly a superb abd stylish machine with great stats for the cost. Go Go Acer!!

Save 3% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment