W510 15.6" 320GB HDD

W510 15.6' 320GB HDDI was looking for a laptop with 1080p display and I am happy with my choice. This laptop is a real work horse and yet it stays cool and has good battery life.

The company I was doing consulting work for bought this laptop for me two years ago at the end of 2010 and it's still going strong. In fact, I checked out the Lenovo website to see if something better was out yet and surprisingly, this laptop is still better than a lot of systems out today. I think it cost about $2,400 when we purchased it because of the various customizations we ordered but it has proven to be well worth it as this laptop has lasted two years and will probably give us another two years before we upgrade.

We did have one issue with the main battery (the 55++ battery) where it started to only hold about 50% of its original charge after about a year. The laptop's battery monitor notified us that it was in "poor health" so we ordered a replacement and it's been fine since then.

I would recommend upgrading to a solid state hard drive because it makes a HUGE difference. Upgrading to 8 GB or RAM would be sufficient for just about everything you'd need to do with this laptop. All in all, this is a great machine and when we finally do upgrade again, it will be to another Lenovo workstation laptop.

Buy W510 15.6" 320GB HDD Now

I bought this from Amazon in early May and have used it for over two months now. I have owned VAIO and HP laptops, and the Lenovo outshines them both. This is my second Lenovo. What I like:

comfortable keyboard

great screen

good sound and camera

STURDY it's solid as a truck

fast and reliable

I maxed out the RAM (16Gb), which wasn't very easy to do, but well worth it. My laptop is how I make my living, so productivity is everything for me.

The engineer who swapped the Fn and Ctrl keys in the lower-hand corner should be shamed publicly, but the BIOS key swap resolves that easily.

I ordered the Case Logic sleeve to go with it , and it's a perfect setup.

Read Best Reviews of W510 15.6" 320GB HDD Here

With just a few minor annoyances, this is a great laptop. When I set out to find a new laptop, the screen was the most important factor for me, and the screen on this one is spectacular at 1080p. The only issue with it is that text changes color to some degree while dragging windows around. Its default brightness is too bright for normal lighting conditions, but it is just right at 13 of 15.

It also runs very cool compared to my previous Dell laptop (though I guess you expect an XPS to run hot). The trackpad is not as good as the Dell's though. Both support double-click and hold to drag items, but the Lenovo has trouble registering it sometimes. And clicking in general as well as the horizontal/vertical scrolling just worked better on the Dell trackpad. Sound was significantly better on the Dell also.

One minor thing is I keep accidentally hitting the DVD drive eject button. Would be much better if it were on the keyboard panel instead of on the side. They also do not include a Windows installation disc. Your only option is to use their preloaded image on the hard drive or install your own independently purchased copy. Maybe that is the norm for computers these days though.

Overall this is an excellent laptop for the professional user. Aside from the issues I listed, everything else is spectacular as far as professional/business users are concerned. I haven't done a whole lot of gaming with it, but I did try out Starcraft II which played with no problems.

Want W510 15.6" 320GB HDD Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment