Hewlett Packard HP dm1-3025dx - Pavilion Laptop / AMD E-Series Processor / 11.6" Display / 3GB Memo

Hewlett Packard HP dm1-3025dx - Pavilion Laptop / AMD E-Series Processor / 11.6' Display / 3GB Memory / 250GB Hard Drive - BlackUPDATE:

-JUNE 24, 2011: Just adding a note here. I've noticed that this thing is very energy efficient. While playing video in full screen, the screen will actually turn off if the show stops and you don't immediately press the ESC button. It turns immediately on with the movement of the mouse or touch of the keyboard. Also the sound will turn off when no sound is coming through. And immediately plays sound without delay when played.

ORIGINAL POST: JUNE 10, 2011

The Good:

-Sharp, Crisp, High Resolution screen makes web browsing more enjoyable. The screen gets really bright. Almost more than necessary. I keep it somewhat dim most of the time.

-Easy short cut keys. (Brightness, 2nd display output options, play-skip-reverse options, volume/mute, etc.)

-Faster than most netbooks.

-Nice hulu app.

-I can play Left4Dead 2 on it. (At low settings, but still impressive!)

-HDMI Port

-3x USB Ports

-Memory Card reader

-Very light. Love the portablility of this thing.

-I get about 5-7 hours of battery life. This thing charges quick too.

-Full size keyboard

-Loud speakers. The quality isn't too bad for a notebook of this size. It's not 1000watts or anything, but its enough to enjoy music or movies at a decent volume without any (or noticeable) disortion.

The Bad:

-Netflix works fine, but stutters in HD. (Although hulu HD video works perfectly fine. Probably not anything to do with the performance of this netbook or maybe I just need more memory.)

-Watching hulu and web surfing pushes the performance of this computer to its peak (90%+ CPU usage, tho i can still surf with no delays or errors occuring. It just gets a little warmer and the fan goes full speed.)

-Touchpad is my least favorite thing about this. I tend to graze it and it jumps my pointer across the screen or causes me to highlight and delete text while i type. Mild issues with regular use, but works fine. Has an on/off option if you double tap the top left corner of the pad.

What can I say. First I'm pretty sure it's the same build as the 3020 model. They have more reviews for this computer there, but I thought I'd show some love to this exact model. I've owned this computer for about a month coming from a Sony 18.4" BluRay notebook it took about a week to get used to the smaller screen, but it's more than adequate. I LOVE taking this computer to my couch, desk, or bed with ease. I've played netflix movies, hulu tv shows, & YouTube clips with no problems at all. And even plug the hdmi to my projector to watch movies.

I think I've covered most of it already. There's nothing else I can think of commenting about at the moment. But I'll update this review as time goes by. I'm thinking of upgrading to 8gb or ram as that's the most allowed.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent post and wonderful blog, I really like this type of interesting articles keep it u.

HP - ENVY 14" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Silver

HP - ENVY 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver

Post a Comment