ASUS X55C-XH31 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

ASUS X55C-XH31 15.6-Inch LaptopThe laptop is pretty good for its price. I've only had mine for couple weeks and I'm yet to be disappointed. Mine came with everything including the manual. The load time is pretty quick. The only downfall so far is that the keyboard seems to be a bit insensitive for people who use a quick and light touch. I have to type slightly harder than what I'm used to but nothing too excessive where I would go to the point of returning it. Also when I first got it Asus has bunch of their programs to help the computer function, but I'm not too fond of those programs that just take up space so I had to delete/uninstall couple of the start up programs. Otherwise I really like this laptop.

Pros:

Nice design

Quick start-up speed

decent battery life

Cons:

Insensitive keyboard (need to type with purpose)

bloatware

This was chosen for me as my work computer, so most certainly NOT my first choice. Here's why:

1. Glossy screen though this is standard for all laptops in this price range, it doesn't mean I have to like it. The reflective surface makes it more annoying when analyzing graphics on the screen. For everyday word processing, coding or browsing, it's fine.

2. Only 2 USB ports My external keyboard and mouse both take up a slot, so if I want to plug in any USB drives or peripherals, I'd have to unplug one of those, or get a USB hub.

3. Below average display The colors seem washed out. I haven't tried fiddling with any of the video settings, but out of the box, I don't like it. It's not as crisp as I would like. I have an excellent monitor and the feed from this laptop makes the text look a bit muddled.

4. MORONIC touchpad design The initial idea was kind of clever extend the surface of the touch area by hiding the clicking buttons underneath the bottom corners. Unfortunately this results in a lot of unintentional mouse movements while trying to click something. It takes a fair amount of pressure to press the button, so I habitually use two fingers so as not to cause a repetitive stress injury to one finger from pressing so hard. This two-fingered press causes the mouse to get twitchy because you're also touching the touchpad surface. I'm also constantly zooming in or out in my browser screen somehow. I try to do it on purpose but I'm not sure how that works via touchpad. I always fix it again by using Ctrl + or -. Many touchpads have the ability to scroll by running your finger down the right side. Not this one. I hate this touchpad. I don't mind a smaller swiping surface if I can just get the normal buttons again. Thankfully I'll only have to use this stupid touchpad while I complete initial setup, and afterwards if I take some work home.

A coworker has a different Asus machine with the same idiotic touchpad. She doesn't use a dual-screen setup like I do. She uses an external monitor/keyboard/mouse while the laptop remains closed and off to the side. The touchpad STILL manages to cause problems by somehow inducing twitchy mouse behavior. We were able to solve this problem by completely disabling the touchpad.

The sound is decent, but at work I'm not going to be watching movies or playing much music. Overall the build seems solid. I also like that the primary cooling vent is on the side instead of the bottom. Keeps it from overheating if placed on a bed or pillow. For the average home user, this machine is probably fine. However I would not recommend this for any kind of work environment. You'll be spending too much time trying to work around its shortcomings to be productive.

Buy ASUS X55C-XH31 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

no problems ..arrived on time, works great, and it is fast. I am happy with the windows version that was installed. Did not want win 8.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS X55C-XH31 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I am very happy so far with this laptop. My main complaint is that it does not come with a manual. I contacted Amazon, ASUS, and Microsoft, and no one could provide me with a manual. It seems it can only be accessed online.

Want ASUS X55C-XH31 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

Overall I am pleased with this laptop. Bought this as it had Win7 (thankfully) and a good balance of features. Quality-wise the only flaw is the keyboard, which is a little mushy (sinks a bit) right around the 8-9-I keys. Other minor things of note: USB ports are both on the left side, and no dedicated "insert" key (shares key with delete using Fn). Screen viewing angle is decent L/R, but somewhat shallow Up/Dn (screen loses contrast a bit).

Save 1% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment