Asus UL50VT-RBBBK05 Laptop PC Refurbished

Asus UL50VT-RBBBK05 Laptop PC RefurbishedI bought one of these PCs from the original vendor back in March when my Thinkpad and my Dell both died at the same time. I was a little concerned about the durability of the design given the thin and light form factor but I was impressed by the battery life and I really loved the rubberized palm rest (so soft compared the cold harsh plastic of must PCs). I also really liked the metal top (though I'm lusting over the newer bamboo Asus laptops!)

In terms of speed, this machine blows both my Thinkpad and my Dell away -being faster than the Thinkpad (a T61) wasn't surprising. But the Dell was just a few months old and in theory has a better CPU.

The keyboard is decent -not my favorite but I have had far worse and I am happy with it. The trackpad -again, I have had worse and there is always a trackball when I get fed up.

One of the things I love about this machine is how cool it stays and how quiet it runs. You rarely here the fan and it doesn't burn your legs like the Gateway or a Toshiba that I had or HP laptops. I love the light form factor -especially when I traveled with it this summer though I was careful to put it in a well-padded case. Overall, I have been thrilled with this machine.

So then when I saw the refurbished units come on the market, I have been struggling with my inner geek for awhile trying to decide whether to get one. I had never gotten refurbished before -so would it look like a "hand-me-down" computer? The price is right -over 200.00 cheaper than the new version was purchased for. I finally bit the bullet the other night because I really wanted to have a spare computer (I teach online so if my computer doesn't work, I'm in deep trouble trying to get my job done.). You would be hard pressed to find a machine with better specs for the money.

I ordered through another website that Amazon often partners with because the price was about 20 bucks less. It arrived today and it looks and feels BRAND NEW. There is absolutely no way you would tell it was refurbished other than the fact that it was a little dusty around the bezel and the packaging wasn't as "complete" as a new system. There is not a scratch on it and it is performing perfectly. I'm going to take it to the beach and use it heavily for the next month to see if there are any other issues and will update the review if I find anything.

The upshot -if you are looking for a great machine that is fast, light, and has outstanding battery time, this is the perfect machine for you -assuming you aren't too hard on your systems (in which case, get a Toughbook). Don't be afraid of the refurbished tag -chances are you will never notice that it was not new other than it doesn't come with the "official" box and all the crummy pamphlets that they stick in new setups. You will have a top performing business grade PC from one of the most durable PC makers for well less than 600 bucks. You really can't go wrong!!!

I HIGHLY recommend this system!!!

[NCJAR]

This laptop caught my eye at best buy because of the rubberized surface. Then I started reading up on it, and knew this was the laptop for me.

This is my primary programming laptop. The extended battery life and the more than capable specs made it a no brainer for me. If I get inspired I can just whip it out of my back pack and type something up. No worries about having to turn it off and on, just wake it up. The big screen doesnt make the laptop heavy and it is pretty thin.

I don't care for the touchpad and its buttons but I already own a portable mouse so it doesn't really matter.

Installed Ubuntu on it. Runs great. There is a change you have to make to get Nvidia to work but outside that everything works fine. Brightness controls dont work but there is a fix for it, I just have not looked it up.

Barely any heat from the laptop.

When I saw that Best Buy was clearing this laptop from their inventory it motivated me to finally go out and get it.

Very happy with my purchase.

Buy Asus UL50VT-RBBBK05 Laptop PC Refurbished Now

I bought this computer at Best Buy to present web design to my clients and to educate them how they can manage their websites. For this task, it is great: The look of the computer makes a great impression to the clients and the speed is great for this also. The wide horizontal viewing angle is great when you have the clients sitting next to you. The Computer has a VGA and a HDMI port. So you can connect it to the most TVs in conference rooms, which is a great feature.

Unfortunately, the vertical viewing angle is bad and the tilting of the screen does not go far enough, so a tall person sitting close to the screen will see the picture brighter with less contrast. There are two workarounds: 1. Using an external mouse and keyboard or 2. tilting the whole computer. But I have seen Notebooks out there with worse screens!

Conclusion

The computer is fast and beautiful. It is great when you want to present things on it. It is a very good computer to work on as long you are not doing graphics with it. Working with Photoshop or other graphic programs will drive you crazy, because the colors seem to be a little off even when you try to adjust it and the problem with the vertical viewing angle adds to this problem. Graphic artist should choose a notebook with a higher resolution and/or bigger screen, anyways.

+ long battery life

+ great Looks

+ HDMI and VGA ports

+ light weight

+ fast to work on

+ graphic card can be switched on/off

+ silent

bad screen (would love to replace it with a better panel)

Read Best Reviews of Asus UL50VT-RBBBK05 Laptop PC Refurbished Here

I spent months researching laptops to try to find something for my 17 year old son that would balance excitement of entertainment with practicality of university use, and that could replace his desktop which had died. I bought it as a Christmas present for him in September and since I had never bought refurbished before, I used it heavily to make sure all was ok before giving it to him. Not one problem, not one glitch, and certainly not one regret that I chose this one.

This laptop exceeded my expectations. After giving it to him at Christmas, I even told him that if it wasn't exactly what he wants, I would give him the money to buy his own and keep his (secretly I was hoping he would choose to do that because it's perfect for me as well). He refused.

In his words: I love the design as it is thin, sleek and light. The super long battery life is amazing, the keyboard and trackpad are fine, it has excellent sound and video, and it is super super fast. It is quiet, doesn't heat up, portable, and attractive. HDMI output great, graphics card fantastic.

I too ordered it refurbished through another website and had never ordered refurbished before so I was a bit leery. Months later, we haven't had one problem.

Terrific laptop, terrific price, great for both entertainment and school/business.

Want Asus UL50VT-RBBBK05 Laptop PC Refurbished Discount?

I have this laptop for more than 3 months now and overall I'm not satisfied. Why I gave it a 3? Because of the 3 cons. If you want recommendation I'd rather get ASUS N53JF-XE1... or wait next year for sandy bridge...

Cons...

1. Screen resolution I am one of those that think that 1366 x 768 is enough but when you have this pc you will ask for more.

2. Sound Well I'm not impressed... I watched movies on it and you have to use a headphone to understand what they are saying... especially when your watching with a partner

3. Battery I bought this laptop thinking It will last at least 10 hours but it's usually around 5-7 hours... You have to turn off a lot to get 10 hours and when i say a lot you have to find forum websites for help on how to do that.

The other issue I encountered was the customer support... If it's refurbished it will be repaired in a contracted facility... which means it won't be fixed by Asus it will be sent to a different repair shop in my case, it was sent to CompuDirect 3000 Inc. in Irvine, CA. My computer was practically lost for 3 weeks and customer support cannot locate where my computer is, Their customer support in this case was useless... You have to call CompuDirect 3000 Inc. to get an update because Customer Support doesn't really care if it's refurbished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment