Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033 16.0-inch Widescreen Laptop Intel Core i7-720QM, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033 16.0-inch Widescreen Laptop Intel Core i7-720QM, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDPros: Massive CPU and RAM and a decent graphics card that will run pretty much all games on low (left for dead on high without lag) energy saver mode

Cons: battery life no blueray or bluetooth

This is a great computer over all id give it 5 starts but it has at most a 2 hour battery life(the more possessor you use the more power) and the point of a laptop is the battery so you can take it with you anywhere and use it without wires!

I bought this computer around summer 2010. Since then, I've sent it back for repair around 5 times! 2 Speaker repairs, and 3 Motherboard replacements (hard drive, graphics card, and NIC have all failed and needed replaced several times). Today, after it is out of warranty and after sending it back several times, the computer will only boot half of the time and the Wireless card has failed.

A laptop should last more than 2 years, and a motherboard should last more than 6 months after replacement. Toshiba uses cheap parts.

I'd recommend going with another brand, will never buy another Toshiba again.

Buy Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033 16.0-inch Widescreen Laptop Intel Core i7-720QM, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD Now

I've had this laptop since March 2010, and I have regretted ever since. This laptop has a very well-known and well documented overheating problem. If you're lucky, you won't start feeling it until a year and a half. I have read my reports of that issue propping up much earlier though. This thing has a terrible cooling system for a massive heat producing GPU and i7 intel processor. You will get crashes. You will get thermal shut downs. And if you're lucky enough, you will get your motherboard fried.

I haven't even gotten to the shoddy Toshiba workmanship. Keys will fall off from the keyboards. My left speaker is already dead. Ports will stop working. The power brick will die. All after your manufacturer's warranty expires. Do yourself a favor, spend a bit more money on a Lenovo or a Sony VAIO.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033 16.0-inch Widescreen Laptop Intel Core i7-720QM, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD Here

I purchased this computer over a year ago. In the first 8 months I had to have warranty repairs because of over heating. When playing videos or video games this laptop would quickly overheat and shut down. They (Toshiba) replaced the video card, heatsink, and fan. The laptop has stayed cool (several months after warranty repairs). Now I have constant hard drive corruption. I have to use the Windows system restore to even get Chkdsk to run and fix the drive. The corruptions continues however. I also have problems with the video card driver crashing. A lot. I had someone on the Toshiba forums post and tell me that this laptop has had to be repaired for him several times all for video card related over heating.

I love having a computer that has an Intel Core i7. I love that the computer has 4gb of ram. The video card can play most of the games I throw at it when it's not over heating. The computer has a glossy finish, touch sensitive multimedia keys, a 10-key number section, nice keyboard (chiclet type keys). The network card doesn't really support 5ghz N-band even though it claims to have N networking support, it only connects to the G channel on my dual band router. It has harman/kardon speakers but they aren't very good.

If you plan to use this only for normal internet tasks and maybe picture editing go ahead. I payed almost $1000 for this computer. I wouldn't pay more than $500 now that I have it. If I had it to do over again I would stay away from this model (Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033).

Want Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033 16.0-inch Widescreen Laptop Intel Core i7-720QM, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD Discount?

I've been using mine since january 2010, so about 1.5 years. I use arcinfo(arcgis), office 2007, and all of the usual media programs. I am amazed at how well this computer can handle everything I throw at it.

I can have a gig and a half of maps open in two or three instances of arcinfo, arccatalog, some heavy duty statistics programs, several instances of excel, several of word, a powerpoint, a hundred chrome tabs with all sorts of video and multi-media all simultaneously running with all the windows 7 aero peak options on, a second monitor, and there is no slowing whatsoever. And with all this open, I can close the computer, let it got to sleep, and no problems waking back up.

there's an eco feature button which reduces power consumption. its very nice because the computer is still fast, but with this eco setting on its not so hot on the thighs when using the computer on my lap.

multi-media buttons work with windows media player (not itunes unfortunately) but volume buttons are great and attractive.

I carry my laptop in a pannier (saddlebag) on the side of my bike and ride around 6-12 miles per day with it, and still no problems.

I jokingly refer to this laptop as my portable desktop because it is rather large and heavy, but one shouldn't be surprised by this.

and for the drawbacks:

good luck getting more than an hour of battery life.

a few strange clicking sounds when you push on certain keys or around the track pad.

glossy finish is hideously smudged up after a few minutes. the appearance of all dust and fingerprints is magnified.

speakers are a 7 out of 10, as they just won't get as loud as I'd like them to.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Really nice post, you got great blog and Thank you for sharing This excellently written content. Waiting for next one.

Samsung - ATIV Book 4 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Mineral Ash Black

Samsung - ATIV Book 4 15.6" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Mineral Ash Black

Post a Comment