Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A06US 15-Inch Premium Ultrabook (Ash Black)

Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A06US 15-Inch Premium UltrabookI upgraded from a laptop that was five years old so almost anything would seem amazing next to my old dino. But, I think I can say that unless you are a hardcore gamer or for some reason you feel that you absolutely need an optical disk drive, you will be very satisfied with this laptop just as I am. Yeah some people are being really nit-picky about viewing angles and such but seriously, it's not an issue unless you're a paraplegic and can't adjust the screen angle (you have to do it every time you open the laptop anyway). I am very, very happy with the battery life. I can use it at school for several hours and still return home with 20% battery left...it's so nice not to have to bring a charger all the time. It's incredibly slim and light. I get compliments on it all the time. The only thing I'm not super excited about is the hard-drive capacity; it's marketed at about 125gb but when you open the computer for the first time you quickly find out that after the OS, you only have about 60gb for yourself and the SSD is not easily upgrade-able like on older laptops. Nothing an external can't fix and it'll probably keep me from cluttering it up anyway. But at the end of the day, all these things are just minor trade-offs for having an otherwise very slick, slim, and light laptop.

I read the reviews on this laptop and decided that it honestly couldn't be that bad, and I was right.

I understand what the reviewers are saying. The colors DO wash out if you tilt the screen forward or backward. However, tilting the display far enough to uncomfortably wash out the screen poses bigger problems, like the fact that the screen is at a horribly awkward angle. It was fine out of the box, but I calibrated the display (took 3 min) and now it's quite good.

Back to the good, this laptop is THIN. It's hard to appreciate its size until you truly see it. At 15 inches, it's easily one of (if not the) thinnest 15 inchers on the market. It doesn't hurt that it's a looker too.

The windows experience index is 5.9, with the lowest being the graphics (5.9) which is expected. The rest of the specs are in the high 6's or low 7's

I recommend working your way through a clean install and getting all the crap off, considering you don't get too much harddrive space with all of the preloaded crap.

I love this laptop, and gave it 4 stars mostly because of the bloatware, and that windows 8 is meh on a laptop without a touchscreen. However, it's certainly a great laptop and the reviews don't do it justice

Buy Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A06US 15-Inch Premium Ultrabook (Ash Black) Now

I went from an Alienware M15X to this and don't regret it. The alienware was really, really bad with battery life and I knew that before I got it. I just didn't realize how often I would start going out to other places where a plug wasn't readily accessible before I got it. I never used the alienware for serious gaming anyway just for software dev. The Samsung Series 9 works great to dev on and the battery life is amazing. I am generally around 8 hours per charge now, which isn't 10 hours, but is still great.

I do not have any problem with the keyboard or the trackpad like other reviewers claimed. There is a side swipe in windows 8 that got annoying but then I just turned it off. I was worried that this only being an i5 processor that running photoshop, aptana, WAMP, eclipse, and many chrome tabs would slow it down. Well, I was wrong. It kept up pretty well with everything that I was doing. If I had a bad experience at one point, it at least wasn't bad enough to stick in my head.

Bad notes: The screen does look a little washed out compared to my alienware. I also really, really wish it had a better screen resolution. But in actuality, I don't even think or notice it at all in my normal daily activities.

I got this thing on amazon for an almost $400 discount because of a free $200 amazon gift card that came with purchasing the laptop, and the laptop was already marked down $200 on sale. I love it especially for its battery life and looks. Processing power though is also good.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A06US 15-Inch Premium Ultrabook (Ash Black) Here

So I've had this laptop for about the past week and I love it. I've read a lot of the reviews on here and most are relatively accurate, but here's my full assessment: I got mine from vernaltech

The Good

6-8 hours of battery life with heavy use of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Google Chrome simultaneously

Really light and sleek design that's much much better than the hefty Toshiba A505D I had before

It doesn't heat up much at all, especially when kept on a hard non-insulating surface. Insulating surfaces (i.e. your bed or lap) tend to heat it up much quicker

Boots up in about 12-14 seconds

The wi-fi has not cut out for me yet (this is the New Series 9)

8gb RAM

Trackpad is awesome and works perfectly fine for me (only issues came up when I mistakenly rested my other palm on the pad...just have to get used to it)

The bad:

128 GB SSD which actually = 60 gigs out of box

Text and image display on the screen isn't Amazing, but is manageable

Speakers strangely on the bottom of the laptop...doesn't really make sense to me, but I use headphones and external speakers 99% of the time anyways so not a deal braker.

Overall I love the Samsung 9 performance wise. It's fast, light, and efficient. It's perfect for my use and why I gave it a 5 star rating. If the most important factors to you for your laptop are screen resolution and/or SSD space (which can be changed, but I believe voids your warranty) then I would not go with this laptop. Otherwise, it's a great choice!

Want Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A06US 15-Inch Premium Ultrabook (Ash Black) Discount?

Packaging -

The laptop arrived way sooner than the ship date (in 3 days of placing the order), packed really well. The LAN adapter comes with the laptop.

SETUP -

I know a lot of folks have complained about the display and the wifi connectivity.

The wifi did not connect at first. After rebooting the router, modem and clearing the dns cache, it connected and worked fine.

The display controls can be set very easily, and the interface is built very well. It takes you step by step (through color settings, gamma, brightness, text etc) and you can set it to your convenience.

There is some bloatware which I uninstalled.

The keypad is similar to MacBook, and frankly I really like it. It takes lesser effort to type.

I am really happy I bought this laptop. Good luck finding the right laptop for you!!

Save 31% Off

1 comments:

alvine123 said...

Thanks for sharing such kind of nice collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me cheer up .
Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive - Moon Silver
Dell - XPS 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive
Dell - XPS 15.6" Laptop - 12GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive

Post a Comment