Asus - 14" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black Model Q400A-BHI7N03

Asus - 14' Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black Model Q400A-BHI7N03From what I can find out this was a laptop designed by Asus for Best Buy. It is hard to find it on Asus website although they do have the drivers available. I checked it out at Best Buy where I had gone to look at another brand. The feel of the keyboard and the monitor clarity won me over. I bought this to replace a dying laptop and it was my first experience with Windows 8 (I did try the beta but wasn't impressed). I didn't want a touch screen but I did want the memory and hard drive size. I was a bit concerned about the lack of an SSD drive but I haven't seen any speed issues that would make me sorry that feature wasn't included.

Pros: It is fast to start up, VERY fast. I have several Windows 7 computers (laptops, desktops, tablet.) It smokes them for speed when it comes to loading the operating system. It will also go to sleep and come out of it instantly with no hang ups. Response to loading programs, closing them etc. is exceptional. Battery life seems to be running over 5 hours which is what I expected.

Cons: A very few minor issues that I can live with but might not work well for someone else: Lighted keyboard I want a lit keyboard and it has one but it is very hard to make out the letters when they are lit so I ended up turning that feature off.

Touch pad Sometimes it can be unresponsive. It almost acts like it isn't getting a firm enough touch or drag from my finger. I put a wireless mouse on it and that works great. It can be frustrating trying to get the pad to respond. Since I have had several touch pads on laptops in the past I feel qualified to say it is not it's best feature.

Overall I love the laptop and would purchase an Asus again.

I got one from a Best Buy online sale for a very reasonable price. It is fast, light, sleek, and beautiful. I love this laptop.

Pros:

Performance: With the 3rd Generation Core i7 processor and 8 GB RAM this computer is a real performer. It is fast, quiet, and ice-cool!

Weight: At 4.2 lbs this computer is not the lightest but it is quite portable. With this configuration, if you are expecting some real performance then please don't go for the ultra-portables. They are just joke! This computer is no joke. It's meant for serious computation.

Screen: The screen is extremely bright and vivid in colors. The matte screen ensures that you get to see the video, and not your own face. I hate those glossy screens because of self reflection. But this one with its matte screen simply is great!

Keyboard: Backlit, chicklet keyboard. What I like about this keyboard is that the keys are very large and well spaced. The best thing I liked about the keyboard is that it has separate Home and End buttons. One important factor is the up/down scroll buttons. They are separate and nicely spaced unlike some other laptops in which these are so tiny that you end up pressing one in stead of the other!

Some people have complained about the silver color keys which absorb the back-lit effect. It is true to some extent. However, if you are typing in the well-lit environment, turning off the back-lit makes this better. And if you are in a low light condition, then the back-lit does help!

Speaker: Very loud and clear sound.

It has DVD drive. So unlike other lightweight laptops, you are not handicapped with this one.

Overall, it's a power packed compact laptop. I recommend it for anyone.

Buy Asus - 14" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black Model Q400A-BHI7N03 Now

I am an apple person but I wanted to buy a decent laptop as an alternative at home since some of my work software only works with windows and I have to say this laptop is great for the price I paid. The screen is great, performance is great and the hardware seems ok. Obviously it's not a macbook and all but it also cost me a fourth of a macbook and the casing it black metal so I am pretty happy with it.

Read Best Reviews of Asus - 14" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black Model Q400A-BHI7N03 Here

Great product, except no support to run windows 7. Drivers supported by manufacturer only for windows 7. Everything else is great, especially the design of the exterior.

Want Asus - 14" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black Model Q400A-BHI7N03 Discount?

Please please do your research before you buy this computer. There are plenty of other options!

I bought this computer as my main laptop after my last laptop fried. Right off the bat the quality of the materials are AMAZING, the keyboard the looks are great. However the god awful sound quality is too ridiculous. If you like musics and plan on using it to play music, then you have the wrong laptop. The sound kinda reminds you of a 90's gameboy. Not only is the quality terrible but its not loud at all.

After about 5 days of usage, the laptop began crashing frequently, especially when plugging an external USB drive and USB cable for a printer in.

OVerall, the laptop has great specs but the speakers truly ruin this laptop.

IN the end, I eneded up returning this laptop and I bought a used Asus N56 for about $730 and man am I glad I made that decision!

2 comments:

Alastair Alex said...

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I am a big fan of reading, thanks for sharing this wonderful information.
Sony - VAIO 14" Refurbished Touch-Screen Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive
Sony - VAIO Duo 11.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive

Unknown said...

Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger.

Asus - K-Series 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Asus - ZENBOOK Prime 13.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silver

Post a Comment