Asus A53E-IS51 15.6" Notebook Computer, Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 7 Home

Asus A53E-IS51 15.6' Notebook Computer, Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bitI own a similar computer which has served me well, hence, the ordering of this unit. Asus has a superior warranty ( one year covering drops, spills, power surges and fire damage ) included with all notebooks, no extra charge.

The A53 series has an aluminum inner case which is always cool to the touch, unlike other lap-tops which I have used. The touch-pad is VERY sensitive and some reviewers recommend disabling it when using a mouse.

I do wish that the key-board was under-lit ; it is difficult to see in low-light situations.

This unit came with a defective space-bar key, which works only when squarely struck dead-center and which defect I have found to be a noted in other on-line reviews of similar units.

My over-all experience was a positive one, so far as dealing with Amazon, and even though it was my first purchase through them, it still seemed a simple enough process.

If not for the factory defect, I would have probably given my experience with this Amazon purchase a full 5 stars.

*** UPDATE REGARDING WARRANTY REPAIR SERVICE ***

I sent the unit to ASUS to have it repaired. Shipped on a Tuesday ; notified it had been received on Fri. the same week, in Ca. (I live in Ga); it was repaired and shipped back to me . . . . received it back in Ga. on Wed. 8 days after I had originally shipped it. I believe that they were primed and ready to repair what I had come to understand was potentially a "generic" type defect and so the exceptional turn-around.

No additional problems. I have up-graded my initial rating of three stars, to a four star rating based on the exceptional warranty repair and shipping turn around of 8 days total . . . . from sending it to them, to receiving it fed-exed back to my driveway.

REPAIRS MADE : KEYBOARD REPLACED

There were many things to like about this product, but the functionality of the keyboard made it unusable.

Things I found that I liked:

Battery life probably average for this class machine

Software load: Not loaded with bloatware

Fit and Finish: Good sturdy aluminum frame

Ran cool and relatively silently compared to an older laptop

Nice clear display

Performance: Acceptable but not significantly better than a four year old laptop based on my light workload requirements(spreadsheets, Word processing, Internet browsing, email) with up to perhaps six sessions running at once.

The thing that made it totally unacceptable:

Keyboard: chiclet style keyboard (found on more laptops these days) without a good tactile feel. Big issue was that my space bar key strikes would be missed about three times for each line of text typed. I found my hands cramped up while trying to position them in such a way that my key strikes would be registered. I worked with it for three weeks, then finally gave up and returned it.

I purchased another Asus machine a few weeks earlier as a gift (Asus 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 320 GB Hard Drive-Model X54C-BBK19) for just under $300 and had a totally different experience after having the opportunity to work on it from time to time. It had an Intel I3 processor and only a 300GB drive (vs. an I5 processor and 500GB drive on this unit for a cost of around $450), The keyboard and general operation of the cheaper laptop was superlative. It ran quieter, while just as fast and the keyboard was totally different with no problems what so ever. A big factor in my purchase of both machines was that they both came loaded with Windows 7.

What I learned with this experience was how important the keyboard was to my satisfaction level with a laptop.

Buy Asus A53E-IS51 15.6" Notebook Computer, Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 7 Home Now

I like the computer but the trackpad is too sensitive or something. I am always getting into some kind of zoom screen or scroll all the time. Other than that, for the price, it has everything I need. The camera is a little slow....that could be my connection though. I like the 10-key pad. I had to get used to typing on the left side of keyboard, but that only took a couple of days. So far so good. I have had it for over 3 months now.

Read Best Reviews of Asus A53E-IS51 15.6" Notebook Computer, Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 7 Home Here

Computer keyboard layout is awesome. You have an actual numeric keypad very strategically placed. Runs great on Windows 7. Using it for business, so I did not upgrade to Windows 8 because of so many incompatibility issues with current programs.

Want Asus A53E-IS51 15.6" Notebook Computer, Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 7 Home Discount?

THIS IS MY SECOND ATTEMPT TO WRITE A REVIEW.

THIS MOUSE PAD HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN.

IT WILL SCROLL OR CHANGE SIZE WITHOUT WARNING.

THE MOUSE ACTUALLY GETS HUNG UP ON LINKS ON THE PAGE.

THIS IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING COMPUTER I HAVE EVER USED !!!

Save 18% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment