Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray)

Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch UltrabookI did a good bit of research on laptops before making a purchase, went into stores, read reviews, etc. A few comments.

A number of people note how the screens are flexible, go into a store and try bending screens, all thin laptops are quite flexible. Seems odd to me too, but if everyones doing it, it must work.

I saw a few reviews about wireless problems with the u310, but saw many other good review so I disregarded. Don't disregard. There is a detailed summary at .

Seems to be that lenovo figured out the wifi was really bad, but kept selling units and just fixed it on the new ones. I bought my laptop on Sept 20, it was manufactured on May 28, the fix didn't come out until July 23... The date is printed at the bottom of the tag on the outside of the box, so if you buy in a store you can check.

In my case, the speed seemed not great to me, but the range was terrible. I got maybe 50 feet from the router before I lost signal. Even my phone (which I think has pretty bad reception for wifi) was better than that. I decided to go into work and see if I could pick up signal at my desk and couldn't ... back to the store we go. I read lots of reviews of 2-3 weeks for repairs and the problem not fixed, didn't sound like what I wanted to do with a brand new laptop.

Aside from the wifi issues, it was a great unit, solid build, really nice touchpad, good keyboard, screen was fine. I suppose some people might only use a machine at home, but for anyone that travels around, I think the wifi problems makes this machine a no-buy.

I wasnt expect the building quality is so wonderful, very cool very solid!

The old wifi signal problem is fixed now, I've tested it intensively use on varies conditions comparing to my thinkpad laptop, iphone, ipad, etc. People who are interested in this laptop shouldn't worry about it now.

but the battery life is not that great. It is advertised as 7h which is not quite possible.

under normal usage of wifi and multimedia, I got about 4h battery life.

Buy Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) Now

I just received my Lenovo U310 and my first impressions are that it is stylish and lightweight. When I started playing around with the laptop, I figured that the mouse pad, though responsive and accurate, makes an awkward clicking sound every time I tap on the pad. No, I am not talking about left or right clicks, just tap of the finger in the middle of the pad! I figured this is because the mouse pad does not have separate left and right click buttons, but the whole mouse pad tilts/depresses to make the click.

Also, one thing that I did not know when ordered this laptop is that the RAM is maxed out at 4 GB for this laptop and no, you cannot upgrade RAM because there are no more empty slots left. This laptop has only one slot with 4 GB max rating! In this day and age where 8 GB RAM is quickly becoming a norm, I never thought there are computers that are restricted to 4 GB RAM with only one slot!

I did notice slightly noisy cooling fan, but I read that it is a common feature for all ultrabooks. So, I can live with it.

Anyway, the performance so far has been good and I will update the review once I get a chance to try more features. For the price I paid ($653.99, after $100 Amazon gift card), I think this laptop offers high end features compared any other laptop on the market today.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) Here

Long story short the product has a manufacturer's issues with the wireless adapter. It is acknowledged by their rep on the lenovo support message boards, but was not communicated broadly to everyone who had purchased one. That is, they are trying to hide it instead of issuing a recall. I called their support and it will take two full weeks to ship back and get it serviced and returned (in the US). Do not buy this computer.

Want Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) Discount?

THERE IS SERIOUS INTERNET CONNECTIVITY ISSUES WITH Lenovo U310 ideapad!!!

everything else seems to be fine but it is a pain when I try to connect with internet in college wifi while everybody else's laptop connects just fine :(

Save 31% Off

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Asus - Vivobook 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Asus - ROG 17.3" Laptop - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive - Black

Post a Comment