Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 (2x1.6GHz), 2GB RAM, 80

Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T5470, 2GB RAM, 80The new Dell Vostro 1500 is a new dell laptop design. Dell has done good in designing the Vostro. The looks of the Vostro is amazing. It has a stylish look, yet is very durable. The 15.4-inch LCD is wide enough for anyone's viewing pleasure and the screen's glossy feature makes it look like your viewing a glass screen. The dual-core 1.6GhZ (upgradable to 2.4Ghz dual-core) processors are powerful enough for most applications. The 2GB RAM (upgradable to 4GB) can do more then enough for a user. It comes with a DVD burner to burn all your DVDs. The video card offer is good enough to handle the new Vista features. The 80GB SATA HDD (upgradable to 250GB SATA)offers plenty of space and the speed of the SATA is extremely fast. This new Dell is worth every penny.

Overall: Recommended Buy

Review by: Reviewedia.com

The Dell Vostro 1500 comes in a few configurations. I have the setup with 2 gig of RAM and a duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00 GHz. I'm running Windows Vista on it, which I love.

My previous laptop was a Sony Vaio which had an awesome screen display but was as heavy as a full set of weights. OK, I exaggerate slightly. It was massively heavy, and loud, and the keyboard had issues. I finally gave that to a college student to use as a small desktop machine and upgraded myself to this Dell Vostro 1500.

I have been using my Dell Vostro for just over a year now. I am VERY pleased with it. It is light, quiet, the screen display is great, and it has been incredibly reliable. I pound on my laptop for hours every day, doing a ton of typing. I run websites from my home. Any time I travel my laptop goes with me and I am on it several hours a day from my remote location. The Dell has never caused me any issues at all.

The screen display is great. I do a fair amount of graphics work, including judging photo entries for a literary magazine. The Dell's screen lets me accurately view colors and see images with sharp clarity.

I do video game testing and have tested several games out on this laptop everything works quite fine. I haven't run into any issues.

The touch mousepad area works quite fine. I use it constantly during the day and while I do get the occasional "jump" it is no different than any other laptop I've used in that regard.

Really, there is only one minor issue I've ever had with this laptop. If I am wearing shorts and have the laptop sitting on the bare skin of my legs, every once in a while I will get a sharp pain in my leg, as if it was zapped by something. I have to believe that there's some sort of metal or something that creates an electrical circuit and zaps me. It's not an every fifteen minute thing more like a once every two or three days thing. Still, it's annoying enough that I have to find a throw to put between my legs and the laptop to keep it from happening. So I would warn people not to use the laptop on bare skin unless they enjoy that type of sensation.

Still, an awesome laptop and one that has really shown its worth over the past year. Highly recommended!

Buy Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 (2x1.6GHz), 2GB RAM, 80 Now

I ordered a Dell Inspiron laptop 1 1/2 years ago and it worked great until recently. The screen went black and the system would not start. Turned out that the video card had failed.

I contacted Dell customer support to activate my next business day warranty and after more than a week I have gotten nowhere with them. My claim has been "escalated" twice with the same excuses and refusal to fix the problem. They claim they have no video cards in stock and I will have to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement card, 2-3 weeks for a loaner system, or 2-3 weeks for a replacement system -basically my NEXT DAY warranty is anything but.

I explained that this is a mission critical system and a 2-3 week delay is unacceptable given the high price I paid for the next day warranty. I offered to take another make or model of graphics card and even offered to go buy the card myself if the agreed to pay for it.

They refused to help in any way. So, I am left with a useless laptop for 2-3 weeks until it becomes convenient for them to honor the warranty. I will never buy another Dell product again and recommend that others who are not technically experienced with fixing computers or that need a "mission critical" system that they look elsewhere because Dell cannot be relied upon to fix broken systems in a timely manner.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 (2x1.6GHz), 2GB RAM, 80 Here

I bought Dell Vostro about 18 months ago. Exactly 12 months and 2 days battery died. Warranty is not covered if it more than 12 months. I had to buy a new battery. A month after that Adapter stopped charging the battery. I had to buy a new adapter since it stopped working in 14th month. Couple of days back I opened the laptop and it broke at the hinges fell flat.

I have other laptops from HP and Acer they worke for me for years. Dell hardly lasted 18 months with basic use.I will never buy Dell again.

Want Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 (2x1.6GHz), 2GB RAM, 80 Discount?

I have had my Vostro 1500 for roughly 3 years now it is the duel core 1.40 ghz 2 gigs of ram. overal I would say it is and has been a 7 out of 10. as far as the Neg. umm when I first got this pc the cd-rom issue was happening where it would not read and disk. this was found to be an easy fix the cd-rom drive is set to a location of (00) you must edit this under the system tab of windows xp and use Device manager and set it to (01) United States or find the country you are in and this solves this issue. oddly Dell had a real problem with this issue because upon release of the pc over 250,000 computers had this error and and this is when del just started releasing their computers to be sold at best buy and walmart. But Ironicly no body wanted them cause they didnt work out the door. so they flopped. rofl, best tried to sell it for $ 949.99 and Like I said they flopped and they flopped bad. they sold less than 2000.

and guess where they round up? on EBAY I bought mine for $145 after shipping. I bought 4 because of the price do you get it 4 LAPTOPS FOR LESS THEN $600.00 and that included shipping. to this day my mother still uses hers and my sister still is happy with hers. my wife dropped hers 2 years after she owned it and it was gone. as for mine I am still using it to this day. I have done some minor ud grades I ripped the old 80 gig out and threw in a 500 gig because I had it laying around. as far as the guy saying you have to pull the MB to get to the HD...BULL!!! its the screw with a padlock on it.took me less than 10 minutes. also I went from the stall version of XP to Windows 7 64 bit. as far as how I feel I this it is a great PC for the price, and it is great for student just starting out.or a rough Family just trying to make it .Like I said it has been 3 years now and I need to buy a new battery and a charge cord. but for $ 38 it doesnt just kill you dipping into your pocket. so take it from me look around for this laptop check Ebay just saw one on there for $104 so they are still cheep I'd give it a thumbs up